Are you experiencing issues with YouTube Watch Later Not Working issue? If you are suffering from the same trouble, don’t worry; you are not alone. Many users have reported the same issue, and it can be very frustrating. In this article, we will see why the YouTube Watch Later feature is not working anymore and how to fix it. We will also suggest some methods that may help you to reactivate YouTube Watch Later. Continue reading to know more.
Further Read: YouTube Keeps Pausing Issue
About YouTube Watch Later feature
YouTube’s Watch Later feature is a great way to save videos for later viewing. You can easily access the video added to the Watch Later list from your YouTube homepage. This is especially useful when you stumble upon a video that you want to watch, but just don’t have the time to do so.
Fixes for the YouTube Watch Later Not Working Issue
Fix 1: Check the Network Connection
Your poor and unstable internet connection may be the main cause of the YouTube Watch Later Not Working Issue. After analyzing the problem, we noticed that many users were affected by the network issue. So, before moving on to any solution, you need to make sure that you have a stable and secure internet connection. You can restart the router or reconnect the modem to fix any technical problem with your network connection.
Fix 2: Clear Browser Cache
Another solution you can try is clearing the mounted cache and date in the YouTube channel. To do so,
- Open the mobile Settings menu and go to Apps.
- Then select YouTube from the app list and tap on Storage and cache
- Now click on Clear cache, and complete the process.
In Chrome browser,
- Open Chrome and click on three dots from the top right side.
- Then select More tools-> Clear browsing data-> select All time.
- Now tick the checkbox beside Cached images and files and click on Clear data.
In Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and click on the Menu icon from the top of the screen.
- Then choose Privacy and Security -> Cookies and Site Data-> Clear Data
- Now untick beside Cookies and Site Data and click on the Clear button.
- Open Safari and click on the Apple icon from the top side.
- Then select Preferences-> Advanced tab-> tick beside the Show Develop menu in the menu bar.
- Now click on Develop and click on Empty Caches.
Fix 3: Update the App
Sometimes updating your YouTube app and browser can help you quickly fix YouTube Watch Later Not Working Issue. Doing so will eliminate minor technical bugs from the app and browser and improve performance.
Fix 4: Disable Extensions
If you’re using a browser extension like As-blocker or YouTube video downloader, it might interfere with the app and cause similar problems. In this case, disable all browser extensions and see if that solves your problem.
Fix 5: Login Again to the App
If none of the above solutions helps you, log out of the app and log in to the app after a few minutes and see if this process helps you or not.
These are the top solutions you can try to resolve the YouTube Watch Later Not Working Issue. Sometimes the issue might be with the YouTube service itself, in this case, you should contact the YouTube support centre for further assistance.