Wo Long Fallen Dynasty is a massive action-packed game developed by Team Ninja and recently released on all major platforms. But within a short time of the game’s release, several issues, such as Wo Long Fallen Dynasty crashing frequently, Wo Long Fallen Dynasty not launching, started being reported from various corners.
It’s quite natural for such a big game to fall into technical issues, but luckily there are a few workarounds to fix that. If you have similar problems, then follow the article till the end.
Here we have listed a few surefire solutions to help you resolve Wo Long Fallen Dynasty crashing or not launching issues quickly. Then let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Repair Game Files
The first step to resolve the crashing or not launching issue in Wo Long Fallen Dynasty is to repair the game files. To do so,
- Open Steam-> Library->right-click the Wo Long Fallen Dynasty icon and select its Properties option.
- Then select Local Files from the left side, and click on the Verify integrity of game files and complete the process.
- Once done, relaunch the game and see if the crashing issue troubling again or not.
Fix 2: Update Driver
Sometimes updating your Graphics driver might help you to escape from the crashing or stuttering issue in Wo Long Fallen Dynasty. To do so,
- Open Device Manager and expand the section Display adapters to choose Graphics driver.
- Right-click on the Graphics driver and click on the Update driver option from the sub-menu.
- Once done, you will never encounter any trouble in the gameplay.
Fix 3: Disable Efficiency Cores in BIOS
As per some players, disabling the Efficiency Cores in their BIOS helped them to resolve the crashing issue in Wo Long Fallen Dynasty. This is a complex process, so if you are not a technical expert, just skip this process.
Fix 4: Install Install VP9 Video Extensions
Another solution you can try is downloading and installing VP9 Video Extension to your system. You can download and install the VP9 video extensions by going to the Microsoft Store. Once done, restart the system and launch the game again to continue the smooth gameplay.
Fix 5: Update Game
In some instances updating the game will help you escape from the crashing or lagging issue quickly. To do so,
- Open Steam-> go to the Library and right-click on Wo Long Fallen Dynasty-> select Updates.
- Then select Always keep this game updated option and complete the process.
Fix 6: Lower Graphics Settings
You can go to the game graphics settings page and minimize all the graphics settings in the list, lock the FPS to 60, open the game in windowed mode and disable the HDR option. Once done, you can relaunch the game and see if the issue eliminated or not.
Fix 7: Install DirectX
In most cases, installing the DirectX on your system will help you to resolve the same issues in the game. To do so,
- Open the DirectX web page and choose the language from the screen.
- Then download the package and install it on your system to resolve the discussed issue.
Fix 8: Disable Overlays
If you use overlays to improve game performance, you may face issues like lagging or crashing. Here you can disable overlays like Discord, GeForce Experience, AMD, Nvidia, Stream overlay option and see if it helps you or not.
Fix 9: Disable Antivirus
Third-party antivirus can sometimes interfere with your game and cause it to crash at the startup screen. Here you need to disable the antivirus tool and check whether the game is running smoothly or not.
These are the solutions you can try to resolve crashing or won’t launch issues in Wo Long Fallen Dynasty. Along with all the solutions you can run the game with administrative access and launch the game using a dedicated graphics card.