Due to convenience many users these days use wireless adapters to connect to the internet to complete their work. But a few users complained that while trying to access the Internet, they often failed in the attempt and gave up midway. Anyway, network issues are common and not a big deal to fix.
If you do not configure the wireless adapter, you may not be able to access the Internet, and your work will get delayed. However, in this article, we have listed some solutions that will help you solve the wireless adapter problem on your PC permanently. Then let’s have a look.
Reason for the Wireless Adapter Issue on Windows 10/11
- Driver issue
- Interference with other wireless devices
- Weak signal
- Hardware issue
- Network configuration
Fixes for the Wireless Adapter Issue on Windows 10/11
Fix 1: Restart Internet Connection
Before moving to any solution, you need to restart your internet connection. You can disconnect your router and connect it back to the system after a few minutes, when done, check if the issue gets solved for you.
Fix 2: Update Network Adapter Driver
Another effective solution to resolve the Wireless Adapter Issue on your Windows is updating your network adapter driver. To do so,
- Open Device Manager->expand Network adapters->right-click on your wireless adapter and select the Update driver option.
- Once done, restart the system and see your system is free from network issues.
Fix 3: Reset Network Settings
If the network issue is still bothering you, then you should reset your network settings. To do so,
- In Windows 10– Settings-> Network & Internet> click on Network reset under Advanced network settings-> click on Reset now button from the next screen.
- In Windows 11– Start menu-> Settings-> Network & internet-> Advanced network settings->select Network reset-> click on Yes and restart the system.
Fix 4: Check Wireless Adapter is Enabled
The same error disturbs you if the wireless adapter is accidentally disabled from your system. Here you need to check and enable the wireless adapter. To do so,
- Open Control Panel-> Network and internet-> Network and Sharing Center-> select Change adapter settings from the left pane.
- Then right-click on the Wireless adapter and select Enable from the sub-menu.
- Once done, your issue might gets solved effectively.
Fix 5: Use a Wired Connection
In a few cases, switching to a wired connection can help resolve your Windows wireless adapter problem. If you still cannot access the Internet connection, the problem may be with your network router. You can check that the router is working properly, otherwise use a new router.
Fix 6: Renew IP
Sometimes renewing your IP will help you to overcome the same issue. To do so,
- Open Command Prompt screen-> type the following commands,
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
- Finally, restart your Windows and check the issue gets solved in your system.
Fix 7: Reinstall Wireless Adapter
If none of the above solutions helps you, then you should uninstall and reinstall the wireless adapter. To do so,
- Open Device Manager->expand Network adapters->right-click on your Wireless adapter and select Uninstall device option, and restart the system.
- Once it restarts, the missing drivers will be newly installed on the system, and you will be able to access the network connection smoothly.
These are the top fixes you can try to resolve Wireless Adapter Issue on Windows 10/11. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.