A few users recently complained that the error code 0x800f0806 prevented them from updating to Windows 11. During the latest update installation process, they got the same error and could not complete the process.
Windows updates are very important to fix bugs, improve security features and smooth system operation. Therefore, it is crutial to fix the error code 0x800f0806 as soon as possible so that only you can run the system smoothly.
If you are worried about the same error, then you should read the article till the end. Here we have listed some solutions that will help you to fix error code 0x800f0806 in Windows 11, and you can install the latest updates. Then have a look.
Fixes for the Windows Update Error Code 0x800f0806 on Windows 11
Fix 1: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
The prime solution you can try to resolve Windows Update Error Code 0x800f0806 on Windows 11 is running the Windows Update Troubleshooter. To do so,
- Open the Start menu and click on Settings from the list.
- Then select Troubleshooter and click on the Additional troubleshooters option.
- Now choose Windows Update and click on the Run button beside the same to continue the process.
- Finally, you will be able to run the Windows Update process smoothly
Fix 2: Reset Windows Update Components
Sometimes resetting the Windows Update components will help you to install the latest update smoothly on your Windows 11.
– Open the Command Prompt screen (type cmd in the search box), then launch it with administrative privilege.
– – Inside the new screen, type the following commands one by one and press Enter,
SC config trustedinstaller start=auto
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop msiserver
net stop cryptsvc
net stop appidsvc
Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren %Systemroot%\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll
regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dl
regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll
netsh winsock reset
netsh winsock reset proxy
rundll32.exe pnpclean.dll,RunDLL_PnpClean /DRIVERS /MAXCLEAN
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanup
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start msiserver
net start cryptsvc
net start appidsvc
– Once done, you can restart the system and install the latest update on your Windows 11.
Fix 3: Run SFC Scan
If your system files get corrupted, then you will encounter a similar issue which will affect the smooth operation of the system. In this case, you should repair the system files and see if it helps you or not.
– Open the Command Prompt screen (type in the search box), then launch it with administrative privilege.
– Then type Sfc /scannow and continue the process,
– Once done, you can type the following command and complete the system files restore process,
Dism /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth
Dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth
– Finally, restart the system, and you can install the latest updates without any trouble.
Fix 4: Perform System Restore
If the above solution does not help you, then you can restore the system to the previous point.
– Type Create a Restore point in the search box and open the top result.
– Then Select the System Restore button and select a date prior to the date the problem occurred.
– Once done, continue the process, and the issue might get solved.
Fix 5: Use Microsoft Catalog Site
If all the above solutions fail, you should download and install Windows updates from the Microsoft catalog page.
– Go to the Microsoft Update Catalog page and in the search box, type the KB update number.
– Then download and install the updates on your system and you are done with the installation process.
These are the top solutions you can apply to resolve Windows Update Error Code 0x800f0806 on Windows 11. Along with these solutions, check that you have a proper network connection to install the updates.