Microsoft recently released Windows 11 latest patch update KB5025224 and KB5025239 on 21H2 and 22H2 versions. These updates bring new security features and improvements to keep the system running smoothly. But a few users are worried that Update KB5025224 and KB5025239 fails to install on Windows 11 and demand someone’s help to get rid of this mess.
If you are facing the same issue and are unable to install Update KB5025224 and KB5025239 on Windows 11, then follow this article. Here you will get some reliable and quick solutions to install these updates on your system smoothly. Then take a look.
Fix 1: Restart the System
As a first attempt to install the Update KB5025224 and KB5025239 on Windows 11 smoothly is restarting the system. This Restarting process will eliminate most of the minor bugs in the system and make the way to operate the system without any trouble.
Fix 2: Run Update Troubleshooter
Sometimes running the Windows 11 Update troubleshooter will help you to install Update KB5025224 and KB5025239 smoothly without any trouble. To do so,
- Open the Start menu and choose Settings from the menu list.
- Then select the Troubleshooter and select the Other troubleshooter link from the same screen.
- Locate the Windows Update from the list and click on the Run button beside the same.
- Eventually, restart the system and try again to install the latest update.
Fix 3: Use Windows Installation Assistant
You can also try to install the Windows Installation Assistant to resolve the Update KB5025224 and KB5025239 not installing on Windows 11 issue. To do so,
- Open the Windows 11 Installation Assistant page, go to the Installation Assistant section and click on the Download Now button.
- Then install the downloaded files on your device and start installing the latest updates.
Fix 4: Use Media Creation Tool
In case you fail to install Update KB5025224 and KB5025239 on your Windows 11, then you need to reinstall the Windows Media Creation tool and start again the latest update installation process.
- Navigate to the Windows 11 Media Creation page using the browser and go to the media creation section.
- Once you find the Media creation section, click on the Download Now button and install the file on your system.
- Now you can retry to download and install the pending update on your system smoothly.
Fix 5: Reset Windows Update Components
Windows 11 update components may sometimes cause problems in installing updates KB5025224 and KB5025239 on your system. Here you can restart Windows Update components and restart to install the discussed update.
- Open the Command Prompt screen by typing “cmd” in your Windows 11 desktop search box.
- Inside the new screen, type the below-listed commands one by one and click Enter,
SC config trustedinstaller start=auto
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop msiserver
net stop cryptsvc
net stop appidsvc
Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren %Systemroot%\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll
regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dl
regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll
netsh winsock reset
netsh winsock reset proxy
rundll32.exe pnpclean.dll,RunDLL_PnpClean /DRIVERS /MAXCLEAN
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanup
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start msiserver
net start cryptsvc
net start appidsvc
- Eventually, start to install the pending update again and see the result.
Fix 6: Reset Windows Update Service
You can also reset Windows Update Services to install Update KB5025224 and KB5025239 on your Windows 11 without any trouble. To do so,
- Open Services window and go to the Windows Update option from the list.
- Right-click on Windows Update and choose Properties from the sub-menu.
- Then set Startup type as Automatic and Service status as Running and save the changes.
- Finally, start again to install the latest update and see the progress in the process.
Fix 7: Use Microsoft Update Catalog
If none of the above-listed fixes helps you, then you should install the Update KB5025224 and KB5025239 from the Microsoft Update Catalog. To do so,
- Firstly, navigate to Microsoft Update Catalog, and in the search box, type Update KB5025224 or KB5025239 and press Enter.
- Then from the next screen, download the suitable file and install it on your system and enjoy the latest update features.
These are the quick solutions will help you if you fail to install Update KB5025224 and KB5025239 on your Windows 11. In addition, you should remember that you need a stable and secure internet connection to complete the installation process.