Microsoft is rolling out their first cumulative update of 2023 on Windows 11 21H1 and 22H2 version systems. It is mandatory to install these updates KB5022303 and KB5022287 on your system as it fixes many bugs and performance issues.
These updates fix issues like Local Session Manager (LSM) bug, display errors and a persistent 0xc000021a blue screen error.
But unfortunately few users are complaining that they are unable to install the KB5022303/KB5022287 update on their Windows 11, and they are worried about the exact reason. Anyway, in this article, we have listed a few solutions which will enable you to install the KB5022303/KB5022287 update on your system smoothly and help improve system performance. Then let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Run Update Troubleshooter
The quick solution to resolve Update KB5022303/KB5022287 Not installing on Windows 11 issue is running the Update troubleshooter. To do so,
- Open the Start menu->click on Settings-> choose Troubleshooter and select the Other Troubleshooter option.
- Then click on the Run button beside the Windows Update option and retry to install the latest update.
Fix 2: Install Windows 11 Installation Assistant
You need to install the Windows 11 Installation Assistant before attempting to install any new updates. This feature helps to install new updates on your system smoothly. To do so,
- Open Windows 11 Installation Assistant page and click on the Download now button.
- Once the installation process gets completed, you can install the latest update on your system.
Fix 3: Use Windows 11 Media Creation
Most likely installing Windows 11 media creation will help you install the Update KB5022303/KB5022287 on your Windows 11. To do so,
- Open Windows 11 Media Creation page and scroll down to select Windows 11 Media Creation section and click on the Download Now button.
- Once you have downloaded and installed media creation, you can retry to install the latest updates.
Fix 4: Reset Windows Update Service
Sometimes Windows Update service may create problems installing the KB5022303/KB5022287 update on your Windows 11. Here resetting the Windows Update service can help resolve the same issue. To do so,
- Open the Services window on the screen by typing services in the taskbar search box-> right-click on Windows Update and select the Properties.
- On the new screen, set Start type to Automatic and Services status as Running.
- Finally, restart the system, and you might be able to install the latest updates smoothly.
Fix 5: Reset Windows Update Component
Another attempt to install the Update KB5022303/KB5022287 on your Windows 11 without any problem is resetting the Windows Update component. To do so,
- Open the Command Prompt window by typing ‘cmd’ in the taskbar search box, type the following commands and press Enter,
SC config trustedinstaller start=auto
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop msiserver
net stop cryptsvc
net stop appidsvc
Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren %Systemroot%\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll
regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dl
regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll
netsh winsock reset
netsh winsock reset proxy
rundll32.exe pnpclean.dll,RunDLL_PnpClean /DRIVERS /MAXCLEAN
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanup
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start msiserver
net start cryptsvc
net start appidsvc
- Once done, you can install the latest updates effortlessly.
Fix 6: Use Microsoft Update Catalog
If none of the above solutions helps you, then you can download and install the latest updates from the Microsoft catalog page. To do so,
- Open the Microsoft Update Catalog page and type; KB5022303/KB5022287, and download the file compatible with your system.
- Once done, install the downloaded file; thus, you have finished the latest updates installation process.
All the above solutions are effective to install the Update KB5022303/KB5022287 on your Windows 11 system. As a last resort, you need to try the manual process to install the latest updates.