Microsoft recently released the first update of 2023 for Windows 10 20H2, 21H1, 21H2 and 22H2 editions with many improvements and security features. The new update KB5022282 fixes several issues, and comes with a few changes to enhance system performance.
Update KB5022282 addresses Windows 10 (0xc000021a blue screen issue), which affected the slow startup of a few systems. However, a few users have complained that while trying to install the latest update, it fails after several attempts, and they are worried about it.
If you are struggling to install the KB5022282 update on your Windows 10, you can rely on this article. Here we have listed some solutions that will help you install the KB5022282 update on your system without any trouble. Have a look.
Fix 1: Run Update Troubleshooter
The basic trick to resolve the Update KB5022282 not installing on your Windows 10 issue is running the Windows built-in Update Troubleshooter. To do so,
- Open Settings menu-> click on Update & Security->Troubleshooter-> Additional Troubleshooter option.
- Then select the Windows Update option and click on the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Once the process gets completed, you can try again to install the update and see the result.
Fix 2: Install Update Assistant
If you are unable to install the KB5022282 update on your system, first install the Windows 10 Update Assistant and then install the latest update. To do so,
- Open Windows 10 Update Assistant page and click on the Update Now button under the Update Assistant section.
- Once done, you can try again to install the latest update and see the improvement.
Fix 3: Install Media Creation Tool
You can download and install Windows 10 Media Creation Tool before trying to install Update KB5022282 on your system. To do so,
- Open Windows 10 Media Creation Page-> click on the Download tool now under the Create Windows 10 Installation Media section.
- Once done, retry to install the problematic update on your system.
Fix 4: Reset Windows Update Component
Another solution you need to install Update KB5022282 on your Windows 10 is resetting Windows Update Components. To do so,
- Open the Command Prompt screen (type ‘cmd’ in the search box)-> type the following commands,
SC config trustedinstaller start=auto
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop msiserver
net stop cryptsvc
net stop appidsvc
Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren %Systemroot%\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll
regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dl
regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll
netsh winsock reset
netsh winsock reset proxy
rundll32.exe pnpclean.dll,RunDLL_PnpClean /DRIVERS /MAXCLEAN
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanup
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start msiserver
net start cryptsvc
net start appidsvc
- Finally, restart the system and retry to install the update.
Fix 5: Delete SoftwareDistribution Folder Files
Sometimes deleting SoftwareDistribution files from your system will allow you to install the Update KB5022282 effortlessly. To do so,
- Open the Services window by typing services in the search box-> scroll-down to select Windows Update service-> right-click on it, and select Stop.
- Now open Windows Explorer and select C:\Windows-> SoftwareDistribution-> select all files and delete them permanently.
- Once done, you can retry to install the update on your system.
Fix 6: Install Pending Updates
If your system has pending updates, you may not be able to install Update KB5022282. In this case, you should first check and install the remaining updates that need to be installed. Once done, you can install the latest updates smoothly.
Fix 7: Use Microsoft Update Catalog
If all else fails in your case, then you should install the update manually. To do so,
- Open Microsoft Update Catalog> in the search box type ‘KB5022282’, and download the file suitable to your system.
- Then install the download file on your system, and you have completed the installation.
These are the top solutions you can try if you are having problems installing the KB5022282 update on your system. We hope any of these solutions help you install the update without any issues.