Sword and Fairy 7 is a recently released Chinese mythology-based role-playing final series game of The Legend of Sword and Fairy. It is widely considered the best Chinese RPG series ever made. Unfortunately, like any other video game, a large portion of players report some bugs and errors in the game. When it came to their report, some players pointed out that Sword and Fairy 7 crashed during the gameplay and ruining their smooth gaming experience.
According to the experience of some players, Sword and Fairy 7 is frequently crashing, sometimes in the specific section. However, while understanding the snag you are facing, we have done in-depth research on the same subject and found some solutions. In this article, we have listed some exact solutions to resolve the same problem, and you can try any solution that will help in your situation to solve the problem. Let’s have a look.
- Make sure any unwanted programs/apps are not running in the background.
- You need to have a stable internet connection to run the game without any interruption.
- Temporarily disable your Antivirus and check the game is running smoothly.
- Deactivate overclocking.
- Check the system requirement to run the game on your system.
Fix 1: Launch the game with Administrative Access:
You can launch the Sword and Fairy 7 with administrative access as a first attempt to resolve the crashing issue. To run the game with administrator access,
- Firstly, go to the Sword and Fairy 7 installation folder, right-click on the Sword and Fairy 7.exe file and select its Properties option.
- Then in the Sword and Fairy 7.exe window, choose the Compatability tab from the top menu.
- Now tick the checkbox beside the option Run this program as an administrator under the Settings section and click on the OK button.
- Once done, check for improvement.
Fix: 2 You need to Verify the Integrity of Game Files:
If any game files are corrupted or outdated, Sword and Fairy 7 crash in the gameplay. The best solution here is to check the integrity of the game files. To do so,
- Firstly, launch the Steam client and go to its LIBRARY.
- Then from the list, select and right-click over Sword and Fairy 7 and click on Properties.
- Select the Local Files option in the next window and click on Verify integrity of game files option.
- Once done, restart the game and check for improvement.
Fix 3: Update Graphics Driver:
If the graphics driver installed on your system is corrupted or outdated, the games will not launch and run properly, and sometimes it will crash fortuitously. Here you need to update the graphics driver, and you can follow the steps below to update your driver.
- Firstly, right-click over the Start button and select Device Manager from the context menu.
- Then inside the Device Manager, select and expand the option Display adapters section.
- Now right-click over the Graphics driver and click on Update driver from the drop-down menu.
- You can go to the Manufacture’s official website of your Graphics driver (AMD, NVIDIA).
- Then select the latest driver suitable to your system and download and install it on your system.
If you find the manual updating process is time-consuming and difficult to follow, you can depend on any third-party automatic driver updating tool. There are several updating tools available online; select a reliable one among them.
Fix 4: Disable VSync:
Another possible solution to tackle the Sword and Fairy 7 crashing issue is disabling the VSync. To disable VSync, you can follow these below steps,
For NVIDIA users,
- Firstly, type NVIDIA Control Panel in the taskbar search box and open the first search result.
- Then click on Manage 3D Settings and click on the Virtual Sync option.
- Then in the Virtual Sync screen, you can enable and disable the Sync option.
For IntelHD graphics users,
- Firstly, type the IntelHD graphics control panel in the taskbar search box and open the first search result.
- Then in the Control panel menu, select the option 3D General Settings and choose Custom Settings.
- Now click on the Virtual Sync and toggle On or Off to enable and disable the VSync option.
- Once done, check for improvement.
Fix 5: Run the Game in DirectX 11:
Another proven solution to get rid of the Sword and Fairy 7 crashing issue is launching the game in DirectX 11. This solution has worked for several users so that you can try the same. To do so,
- Firstly, launch the Steam and go to the LIBRARY option.
- Then select and right-click over the Sword and Fairy 7 and then select the Properties option.
- Inside the Properties window, select GENERAL from the left pane menu and type -dx11 under the Launch Options.
- Then follow the instruction on the screen to complete the process.
- Once done, check the said issue persists or not.
Fix 6: Turn off Overlays:
Most game enthusiasts activate the Overlay to get the best gaming experience. But sometimes, this Overlay will interrupt your game and cause it to crash and freeze. In this case, you need to disable the Overlay to avoid problems. To do so,
For GeForce Experience:
- Firstly, launch GeForce Experience, and then at the upper right corner, click on the cogwheel icon.
- Now on the right-pane menu, toggle off beside the In-game overlay option,
- Firstly, launch Discord and on the bottom left corner of the screen, click on the cogwheel icon.
- Now from the left-pane menu, click on Overlay.
- Further from the right-pane menu, toggle off beside the option Enable in-game overlay.
Fix 7: Update Windows:
If Sword and Fairy 7 crash on your PC, your Windows may be out-of-date. The best solution is to update your Windows to the latest update and see do you can enjoy the game now. To update Windows,
- Firstly, press Windows + I altogether to open the Settings app.
- Inside the Settings window, locate and click on the Update & Security category.
- Now select the Windows Update option and click on Check for updates tab.
- Once done, restart the system and check the said issue is resolved or not.
Fix 8: Perform System Clean Boot:
If any of the above solutions do not help you, then you need to clean boot the system to get rid of the existing issues. To perform a system clean boot, you can follow these below-given steps,
- Firstly, in the taskbar search box, type ‘system configuration‘ and launch the first search result.
- Now in the System Configuration window, go to the Services tab and tick beside the option Hide all Microsoft services and click on Disable all tab and OK.
- Then move to the Startup tab from the top horizontal menu and click on the Open Task Manager link.
- In the Task Manager, go to the Startup tab and select all startup services from the list and click on Disable.
- Once done, restart the system and check the said issue is resolved or not. If yes, then again go to the System Configuration window, select the Services tab and enable all the services one by one until you find the problematic item from the list. Once found, remove it from your system permanently.
- Now check for improvement.
So this is all about the Sword and Fairy 7 crashing issue and its fixes. We hope any of the above-given solutions will help you resolve the same issue. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.