Sons of the Forest is an exciting survival horror game allow you to play individually or with friends. You are tasked with finding a millionaire who has gone missing on a remote island, and you must fight against many mutated creatures to protect yourself and those you care for.
But, unfortunately, a few players fell into crashes and stuttering while trying to play the game.
As per some players, they received an error message at the startup screen saying- “Something went wrong. We were unable to service your request. Please try again later. E502 L3”
If you received the same issue on your startup screen or a crashing issue in Sons of the Forest, then you can rely on this article. Have a look.
Fix 1: Verify Game Files
The first solution to resolve the crashing issue in Sons Of The Forest is repairing the game files. If any game files are lost or damaged during the installation process, you will face a crashing issue.
- Open Steam-> Library->right-click on Sons Of The Forest->Properties-> Local Files-> click on Verify integrity of game files and relaunch the game.
Fix 2: Disable Fullscreen Optimization
If you received an error message at the Sons Of The Forest startup screen, then you should disable Fullscreen optimization in Steam and start the game. To do so,
- Open Steam->Library->right-click on Sons Of The Forest->Browse local files.
- Then right-click on the game executable file-> choose Properties-> Compatibility tab and tick beside Disable Fullscreen optimizations and save the changes.
- Once done, you can relaunch the game and run it smoothly on your PC.
Fix 3: Disable Overlay
Sometimes enabled Overlay feature might be causing crashing issues in Sons of The Forest. Here, you should disable the Overlay feature and see the game running smoothly on your PC.
In GeForce Experience,
- Open GeForce Experience-> Settings->go to the In-game Overlay option and turn off the same feature.
Open Discord-> Settings->Overlay section-> find Enable in-game overlay option and turn off the same feature.
Fix 4: Limit Max FPS
If you are trying to play the game using unlocked FPS, then you should encounter crashing issues. In this case, you can control the Frame Rate and start the game.
Open NVIDIA Control Panel->Manage 3D Settings->Program Settings->choose Sons Of The Forest-> Enable Max Frame Rate and set a value depending on your monitor refresh rate.
Fix 5: Disconnect External Peripherals
A Crashing or stuttering problem in Sons Of The Forest can be caused by externally connected devices like printers, USB devices and steering wheel. In this case, you can disconnect all external peripherals and start the game.
Along with this, you have to disconnect multiple monitors to solve the same problem.
Fix 6: Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable
Sometimes reinstalling the Visual C++ Redistributable will allow you to play the game without any lagging or crashing issues at the startup screen. To do so,
- Open the Visual C++ Redistributable page-> select X64 and X86 files and download them to the system.
- Then install the downloaded files and see if the issue is solved in your case.
Fix 7: Install the Latest Game Updates
Another solution to fix the crashing problem in Sons of the Forest is to check and install the latest updates released by the game developer. You can check the latest patch and updates of the game and install them to run the game smoothly.
Fix 8: Update Graphics Driver
If you haven’t updated your graphics driver, you should update it to the latest version before starting the game. To do so,
- Open Device Manager-> go to Display adapters section-> right-click on your Graphics card and choose Update driver and relaunch the game.
Fix 9: Check Antivirus
In some cases, third-party antivirus programs can interfere with the game and affect its performance. In this case, you need to temporarily disable the antivirus program and launch the game again. If the game runs smoothly now, you should consider switching to a new antivirus program.
These are the top solutions you can apply to resolve Sons Of The Forest crashing, Lagging or not launching on PC. In addition, you can run the game with administrative privilege to eliminate the same issues.