Capcom recently released the Resident Evil 4 Remake without losing the essence of its original game. The latest expansion adds realistic visuals and narrative depth to the iconic story. But few players are not happy as Resident Evil 4 Remake does not launch and sometimes the game crashes suddenly.
The issue can be very annoying, but luckily there are some solutions available to solve it. Minor mistakes in the game should not be ignored, they can lead to serious problems.
In this article we have suggested a few solutions to fix Resident Evil 4 Remake crashing or low FPS or not launching issues as quickly as possible. So go through the article till the end to solve your problem and play the game with full joy
Fixes for the Resident Evil 4 Remake Crashing/ Low FPS or Not Launching Issue
Fix 1: Launch as Administrator
The first attempt to resolve the Resident Evil 4 Remake Crashing or not launching issue in Launching the game as administrator.
– Open the Resident Evil 4 Remake installation folder and right-click on Resident Evil 4 Remake.exe file.
– Then choose the Compatibility tab and tick Run this program as an administrator option and relaunch the game.
Fix 2: Verify Game Files
If the game crashes or not launching on your system then you should check and repair game files. Sometimes the game files will get corrupted and lead to similar issues.
– Open Steam and go to its Library to select Resident Evil 4 Remake.
– Then right-click on Resident Evil 4 Remake and choose the Properties option.
– Now select Local Files and click on Verify integrity of game files and see the issue is resolved.
Fix 3: Disable Overlay
If you have activated overlays to improve the performance of the game, it may cause similar issues. So disable overlays and see the error get fixed.
You can disable GeForce Experience or Discord Overlay feature and see the issue get solved for you
Fix 4: Update Driver
Sometimes outdated graphics drivers might be causing crashing issue in Resident Evil 4 Remake. Here you should update the driver manually and relaunch the game.
– Open Device Manager and expand the Display adapters section from the list.
– Then right-click on the Graphics driver and from the sub-menu you should click on the Update driver and complete the process.
Fix 5: Install DirectX
Another try to resolve the Resident Evil 4 Remake crashing or not launching issue is installing the DirectX package.
– Go to the DirectX web page and download the package on your system.
– Then install the files on the system and see if the game is running smoothly or not.
Fix 6: Launch the Game Using Dedicated GPU
You should launch the game on a dedicated GPU in order to play the game without any trouble.
– Open Graphics Settings window in your system and select Graphics Performance Preference.
– Then click on the browse button and find Resident Evil 4 Remake from the installation folder.
– Add the game to the list, click on its Three dots and select Options.
– From the newly opened screen select High Performance and launch the game.
Fix 7: Reinstall the Game
If none of the solutions listed above help you, then you should uninstall the game from your device. Then restart the system and reinstall the latest version of the game and enjoy it smoothly.
These are the solutions you can try to resolve Resident Evil 4 Remake Crashing or Low FPS or Not Launching issues on PC. In addition, You can temporarily disable the third-party antivirus program and run the game to see the improvement in its performance.