The highly-anticipated follow-up to Blizzard Entertainment’s 2016’s popular team-based shooter game OVERWATCH, OVERWATCH 2 has finally been released after a long three-year wait. But unfortunately, some players have recently complained that they are facing issues with audio/sound not working on their computer, even though they have installed the latest drivers and tried their best to fix the same issue on their own.
If you are one of these players with the same issues, you are not alone. Here we have listed a few solutions that can solve your audio/sound issues in Overwatch 2 on your PC, so that, you can enjoy its awesome characters and awesome multiplayer gameplay. Then let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Restart the Game
Sometimes simply restarting the game can help you get rid of the audio/sound not working issue in Overwatch 2. You can sign out of the game completely and sign back into the game after a few seconds to see if the issue gets resolved.
Fix 2: Update Audio Driver
Sometimes updating your currently using Audio driver will help you to escape from the Overwatch 2 Audio/Sound Not Working issue. To do so,
- Open Device Manager-> select Sound, video and game controllers-> right-click on Audio driver->click on Update driver option.
- Once done, you can start the game and see if this trick helped for you to get rid of the issue.
Fix 3: Check Volume Mixer
Another solution you can try to resolve the Overwatch 2 Audio/Sound not working issue is checking the Volume mixer. To do so,
- Right-click on the Speaker icon on your desktop-> select open Volume Mixer option> make sure your game sound is set to maximum.
- Once made the changes, relaunch the game.
Fix 4: Select your Audio Speaker
You can choose your audio speaker correctly to resolve Overwatch 2 Audio/Sound not working issue smoothly. To do so,
- Right-click on the Speaker icon on your desktop-> select Open Sound settings option> make sure to choose the correct speaker under the Input section and see if the changes helped you or not.
Fix 5: Disconnect the Controller
If you are using a controller to play the game, disconnect the controller once the game starts. When the game sound starts working properly you can reconnect the controller and enjoy the game.
Fix 6: Disable Spatial Sound
Sometimes disabling the Spatial Sound will help you to resolve the audio not working issue in Overwatch 2. To do so,
- Open Control Panel-> select Hardware and Sound->choose Sound->right-click on your Speaker-> select Properties.
- Then select Spatial sound from the top tab and turn Off the Spatial Sound Format and relaunch the game.
- Along with these, you can disable Oculus and Voicemeeter as well.
Fix 7: Repair Game Files
If the issue persists, then you should need to repair the game files and see the result. To do so,
- Open Battle.net-> move to Overwatch 2->click on Settings (gear icon)->click on Scan and Repair option.
- Once done you can relaunch the game and see if the sound working fine or not.
Fix 8: Disconnect External Microphones
In most cases, external microphones connected to your system can cause a similar problem. In this case, disconnect all external and internal microphones and see the result.
Fix 9: Check your Headphone
Sometimes broken headphone cables can be the main culprit behind the same issue. In this case, you can check if your headphone cable is faulty or try using your headphone on another device and make sure it works. If your headphone is having a problem, replace them with new one and relaunch the game.
These are all about the Overwatch 2 audio/sound not working issue on PC and its fixes. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.