Recently few users have reported that when they try to launch a particular program on their Windows 11, they receive the “Mscoree.dll Not Found” error message. If the Mscore.dll file on your system is corrupted or missing, you will receive a similar error message. Fortunately, there are few solutions available there for users to solve the same problem.
If you are also suffering from the Mscoree.dll Not Found error, then you are at the right place. In this article, we have compiled a few quick and easy solutions to overcome the same issue. Then we can move on to definite solutions without further discussion.
Fix 1: Restart the System
Before moving to any detailed solution to resolve the “Mscoree.dll Not Found” error, you need to restart your system. A simple restart will help you to eliminate most of the minor bugs existing on your system, and the system starts freshly.
Fix 2: Run Malware Scan
If your system is infected with malware, you will receive an error message “Mscore.dll not found” when trying to launch a specific program. The best solution here is to start a quick virus scan to find and remove the malware from the system.
Fix 3: Run SFC Scan
Sometimes corrupted system files might be the main culprit behind the “Mscoree.dll Not Found” error message. In this case, you need to run an SFC scan to repair corrupted system files. To do so,
- Firstly, type “cmd” in the search box and open the Command Prompt screen from the search result.
- Inside the new screen, type or paste the following command and press Enter button,
- Again type the following commands and press Enter button to restore corrupted system files,
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Once done, restart the system, launch the problematic program again and see the result.
Fix 4: Enable .NET Framework
Sometimes simply enabling the .NET Framework will help you to eliminate the “Mscoree.dll Not Found” error from the screen. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Start menu and type Windows Features in the search box.
- Then open the Turn Windows Features On or Off option from the search result.
- Now click the checkbox beside the .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) to select it.
- And click the checkbox beside the .NET Framework 4.8 Advanced Services as well.
- Once done, click on the OK button, relaunch the problematic program and see the result.
Fix 5: Reinstall the Program
At times reinstalling the problematic program will be an easy way to get rid of the “Mscoree.dll Not Found” error message. So, you can uninstall the particular problematic program from the system and reinstall it from a trusty source.
Fix 6: Use Restore Point
If none of the above solutions does help you, then you should go to a restore point and operate the system without said error message. To do so,
- Firstly, type “restore point” in the search box and open the Create a restore point window from the search result.
- Inside the System Properties screen, click on the System Restore button.
- On the new screen, click on the Next button.
- Now select a previous date from the list of restore points and click on the Next and Finish buttons.
- Once done, your system will work well on the restore point.
These are all about the Mscoree.dll Not Found Error on Windows 11 and its fixes. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.