Lately, several users trying to install the latest Minecraft Launcher on their system received an error message “Make Sure You’re Connected” Then try updating again. We weren’t able to update Windows (0x80131509). This technical issue simply denotes that there is a problem with your internet connectivity and the system.
The most common causes of Minecraft Launcher installation error (0x80131509) are unconfigured system settings and network connectivity issues. If you are facing the same error message, then you can pursue this article to get all the solutions to tackle the same issue. Let’s move on to detailed solutions without talking further.
Fix 1: Restart the System:
So to troubleshoot the Minecraft Launcher Installation Error (0x80131509), you must first restart the system. Restarting the system will clear all existing errors and bugs and start the system freshly. We strongly recommend this trick as it has helped many users.
Fix 2: Uninstall any Unofficial/Official Minecraft Launcher:
If you have an unofficial or official Minecraft Launcher installed on your system, you will receive the Minecraft Launcher Installation Error (0x80131509) error prompt. Here you need to uninstall and reinstall the launcher from its official site. To do so,
- Firstly, go to the Start menu and select Settings.
- Inside the Settings window, click on Apps and the Apps and features option.
- Then from the list of apps, search and select Minecraft Launcher.
- Once you find one, right-click over it and select Uninstall button.
- Finally, restart the system and reinstall it from a reliable source.
Fix 3: Check Internet Connection:
As we discussed earlier, one of the main reasons for the Minecraft Launcher Installation Error (0x80131509) error is poor internet connectivity. All you have to do here is connect to an Ethernet connection instead of Wi-Fi and see the result, as well as you, need to verify the speed of your internet connectivity. If your signal strength is low, you need to contact your network service provider for further assistance.
Fix 4: Sign in using the Same Account on Xbox App and Microsoft Store:
Another solution to overcome the Minecraft Launcher Installation Error (0x80131509) error is to sign to your Xbox app and Microsoft account using the same user account. To do so,
- Firstly, launch both the Xbox app and Microsoft Store.
- Then sign out from the account, and after a few moments, log in using the same username and password.
- And sign in to the Minecraft account using the same account you used to login in Xbox app and Microsoft Store.
- Finally, try to reinstall the Minecraft Launcher and see the above discussed error is resolved for you.
Fix 5: Install Minecraft Launcher Windows 7/8 Version:
If the Minecraft Launcher Installation Error (0x80131509) error still bothers you, then you need to download the Windows 7/8 version of the launcher. This fix has helped in many user’s cases. To do so,
- Firstly, go to Minecraft official site.
- Then scroll down and click on Download for Windows 7/8 option.
- Now double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install it on your system.
- Once done, restart the system and install the launcher again.
Fix 6: Update Windows:
Sometimes the Minecraft Launcher Installation Error (0x80131509) error occurs as a result of an outdated Windows. In this scenario, you need to update your Windows to the latest updates. To do so,
- Firstly, go to the Start menu and select the Settings app.
- Inside the Settings app, select Windows Update from the left pane menu.
- Now click on the Check for update blue button to install the latest updates on your system.
- Once done, retry to install the launcher on your system.
Fix 7: Install Minecraft Launcher from Xbox app or Microsoft Store:
If you have a launcher installed from any third-party website, you may receive the Minecraft Launcher Installation Error (0x80131509) error after the latest update. The best solution here is to make sure the Minecraft launcher is installed from the Xbox app or the Microsoft Store. If not, uninstall the old launcher and install the Minecraft launcher directly from the Microsoft Store or the Xbox app.
So, these are the potential fixes for the Minecraft Launcher Installation Error (0x80131509) error. All the above solutions are tried and tested by experts so that you can use them with full confidence. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.