Recently a few players have complained that after installing Minecraft on PC from the Xbox Store, they got an error message when trying to open the game – “Unable to locate the Java runtime.” Error details: 0x00000000.
If you are getting a similar error message on your PC Minecraft startup screen, you can rely on this article. Here we have listed a few solutions that will help you to fix Minecraft error code 0x00000000 smoothly in no time. So let’s move on to the quick fixes.
Fix 1: Restart the PC
First attempt to fix Minecraft error code 0x00000000 “Unable to locate Java runtime” problem is restarting the PC. You can exit from the game, close all applications and restart the system. Once the system reboots, launch the game and see if the problem reappears or not.
Fix 2: Save the Game Exe File
Another solution to resolve the same issue is saving the game executable file. This solution helped in the case of several users, so try the same and see the result.
- Open Launcher and click on the Installations.
- Then select your Profile-> Edit and click on the three dots.
- Now click on More Options and locate the Java Executable file.
- Click on the Browse button and find Javaw.exe file, then click on the Save button and relaunch the game to see the improvement.
In case, you didn’t find the Java executable file, go here and download and install the Java 17 and Windows x64 Installer. Then move to the C:/Program Files/Java/jdk-17.0.6/bin/java.exe (installation location) and click on the Save. Finally, play the game and see if the issue gets resolved.
Note: You need administrative access to complete this process; otherwise, you will fall into another error.
Fix 3: Reset the Game
If you are still suffering from the same issue, then you should reset the game. To do so,
- Open the Settings menu and go to the Apps section.
- Then locate Minecraft and choose Advanced Options.
- On the next screen, find the Reset section and click on the Repair button, and then click on the Reset button to complete the process.
- Finally, relaunch the game on your system and enjoy it without any issues.
Fix 4: Update Windows
Failing to update your Windows to the latest version can lead to many problems. In this case you should check and update your Windows as soon as possible and start the game. The update process will take some time, so be patient and complete the process smoothly.
Fix 5: Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions help you, then you should uninstall the game from your system along with all its associated files. Then restart the system and reinstall the game from the official site or Play Store and start the game.
These are the possible solutions to resolve Minecraft Error Code 0x00000000 “Unable to locate Java runtime” issue. In addition, you should launch the game with administrator privilege and see if it helps you or not.