Several users encounter difficulties and troubles when trying to install Windows 11 on their system. Most of the users use a USB bootable pen drive or DVD to install Windows 11. This article is for you if you do not want to install the latest Operating System using USB or DVD. You can install Windows 11 straight away from the PC or Laptop itself without using a USB pendrive.
Anyway, from this article, you will get a clear idea of how to install Windows 11 without a USB or DVD. You can install Windows 11 by opening the Setup.exe file and starting the installation process. So, let’s go down to the detailed steps to install Windows 11 on your system.
You need to make sure you have a stable and fast internet connection before proceeding with the installation process. The installation process may take some time depending on your system performance, so be patient.
Note: This process only applies after the official release of Windows 11. We can expect this on October 5th. Also, you need to back up your important files before the installation process, as this will delete all the files and folders on your device.
Steps to install Windows 11 from ISO:
- Firstly, download Windows 11 ISO file on your system.
- Then right-click on the downloaded ISO file and click on Open with from the sub-menu.
- Now select the Windows Explorer option.
- From the left pane, click on the mounted drive and double-click on the Setup file. The upgradation process will begin now.
- In the Windows Setup screen, you find Change how Setup downloads updates option, then click on it( if available).
- Then click on the radio button beside the option Not right now under the Get updates, drivers and optional features heading.
- Click on the Next button from the bottom right side of the window.
- To continue the upgradation process, click on Accept tab.
- Finally, click on the Install tab, then you can upgrade to Windows 11(keeping all files, folders and applications).
If you need a clean installation of Windows 11, then you need to click on Change what to keep option, and in the next screen, click on Nothing and press the Next button to continue. And finally, you can click on the Install button.
- Once you have done the above steps, the installation process will start automatically, and the system will restart several times as part of the smooth installation.
- When the installation is complete, you need to move to the Out-of-box experience (OOBE) to configure Windows 11.
Note: Your system will prompt you to type in your Microsoft account details, such as your account ID and password, to enjoy the Windows 11 features. So keep the account details in your mind.
So this is how you can install Windows 11 using an ISO file. The steps are dependable and recommended by experts. If you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, you can comment in the below comment box.