Minecraft is one of the most popular open-world sandbox video games with millions of hard-loving players. In Minecraft, players are allowed to add new characters, terrain and collectibles and can make any changes to the game with the help of Modes.
In this article, we will teach you how to install Mods easily to enhance your Minecraft experience. However, there is a misconception that adding Mods to your Minecraft is so strenuous. In the below methods, you can easily install Minecraft Mods. Let’s have a look.
Method 1: Install Java:
It would be best if you had Java installed as the first attempt to add Mods to Minecraft. You can follow the steps below to install Java easily,
- Firstly, move to the Official page of Java and then click on the Java Download red button.
- Then click on the Agree and Start Free Download tab (Here, Java will automatically verify the Operating System version). If it failed to detect the OS, you need to click on the See all Java downloads and download the exact version compatible with your Operating System.
- Finally, click on the Save button when the Save As prompt appeared on the screen. Then you can follow the instructions appeared on the screen to install Java.
Method 2: Install Minecraft Forge:
Minecraft players can download and install the Modding API Forge to create and test Mods for Minecraft. To install Forge, you can follow these steps:
- Firstly, go to the Forge Download webpage and download the recommended version.
- In the Download Recommended window ,you need to select the Installer category option.
- Now in the top right corner of the screen, you will see Please wait “*” seconds. Here, wait for some time to complete the process.
- Then again, click on the Skip button at the top right corner of the screen, near CREATE FORGE SERVER option.
- While the Save As prompt appeared on the screen, click on Save.
- Then double-click on the Forge file (You can launch the file using your Web browser or in the Downloads folder)
- In the newly opened prompt, click on the radio button beside Install client and press the OK button.
Method 3: Backup Minecraft Files:
Players need to backup the Minecraft.jar file before installing any Mods. Adding Mods is safe anyway, but it’s an added protection if you backup Minecraft files.
- Firstly, right-click over the minecraft.jar file and select Copy from the list.
- (To open the same file, you can press Windows + R simultaneously to launch the RUN dialog box and then type the following command to open the minecraft.jar file).
- Then create a new folder (Create on Google Drive or One Drive or in your system).
- To create a folder, right-click on the empty space on the desktop and then click on New and select Folder. You can name the folder as Minecraft New.
- Now, right-click and paste the early copied file into the newly created folder.
- Once done, you have successfully created a backup copy.
Method 4: From Trusted Source Download Mods:
You can download Mods from any trusted source and make sure that the downloaded Mods are compatible with Minecraft and Forge. Here we mention some reliable Mods resources,
- Minecraft Mods
- Planet Minecraft
Note: Before downloading, go to the detailed information about the Mods. Also, make sure that the installed files are saved on your system.
Method 5: Add Mods to Minecraft:
If you downloaded Mods from a trusty source, save it into the Minecraft folder and then open Minecraft. To add Mods to Minecraft, you can follow these below steps,
- Firstly, press Windows + R altogether to launch the RUN dialog box, and type the following command and then press OK.
- Then copy the downloaded .jar or .zip mod file in the Minecraft subfolder.
- Now launch Minecraft and check the Forge is activated or not. If not, you need to activate Forge.
- Finally, you can click on the Play button, and the Mod will be directly applied to it.
You can make the world of Minecraft more fun by adding Mods. However, make sure you have the Mods installed from a trusted website; otherwise, it may adversely affect your gaming experience. If you have any questions or concerns after reading this article, please leave a comment in the comment box below.