Windows users are so excited about the arrival of the latest Windows 11 compatible with Android apps. But Microsoft’s latest announcement that it has teamed up with the Amazon App Store to replace the Google Play Store has dampened their expectations. The most disheartening factor is, there are only a limited number of apps in the Amazon App Store when considering Google Play Store collections.
Nowadays, several Windows 11 users are searching for alternative App Stores to download and manage APK’s, in which the most dignified one is Aurora Store. This Aurora Store is an open-source client of the Google Play Store, allowing users to install any APK offer on the same Google Play Store. However, you can follow this article to know how to install and set up the Aurora app on your Windows 11. Let’s have a look.
About Aurora Store:
Aurora Store is an alternative open-source app store, unlike Google Play Store and Amazon App Store; the biggest advantage of this App Store is that it does not track downloads or update frequency. This App Store allows users to install apps that are not incompatible or not certified with your system. As well as Aurora is a trusted store, just like the Google Play Store.
Steps to download Aurora Store:
You can follow the below-given steps to download your Aurora Store quickly,
- Firstly, go to the official website of Aurora Store and click on the Stable button to download the latest file.
- When you download the file, go to the Start menu and click on Windows Subsystem for Android.
- Then in the Setting window, click on the box arrow icon beside the Files option to open the built-in Android app files.
- Now scroll down and toggle on Developer mode and click on the Refresh button beside the IP address in the newly opened screen.
- There beside the IP address, click on the Copy button.
- Further, launch the Aurora Store APK (just downloaded).
- Then right-click on the white space and click on the Open in Windows Terminal option.
- Inside the Terminal window, type the following command and press Enter,
adb connect <IP Address>
- Here you need to edit the “IP Address” with an above-copied IP address. This command will connect ADB with the WSA Android layer.
- Then to install Aurora Store, type the following command,
adb install <APK_name.apk>
- Here also replace the “APK_name.apk name” with the name of the file you have downloaded.
- Once done, restart the system, and now you can use Aurora Store from your Start menu.
Steps to Run Aurora Store in Windows 11:
After installing Aurora Store, you can activate the store by following the below-given steps,
- Firstly, launch Aurora Store from the Start menu and tick the checkbox beside the option I have read the Aurora Store’s Terms of Service, then click on ACCEPT button.
- On screen number 2, click on Session installer from the left side of the screen and click on the Next tab.
- Now on screen 3, select a preferred theme and click on the Next tab.
- When on Screen 4, select the preferred accent color and click on the Next tab.
- On screen number 5, select External Storage Access and click on the Grand button beside the same.
- Then click on the Finish button.
- Further, select the Login page and sign in using your account credentials.
- Now you activated your Aurora Store on your Windows 11 PC and can install the Play Store app.
Steps to install Android app via Aurora Store:
Hereafter you can amply download and install your favorite Android app on your Windows 11 PC, follow the below-given steps to install Play Store apps,
- Firstly, launch the Start menu and check on Aurora Store.
- Inside the Aurora Store, select the app you wish to install on your system.
- Then click on the Install button from the bottom of the app screen.
- In the new prompt, click on the Install tab again.
- Now the app will install on your screen quickly, and you can launch the app from the Start menu.
Note: Play Store apps that use Google Play services will no longer work through the Aurora Store, and those apps will crash on startup.
So this is how you can install Aurora Store on your Windows 11 PC and run an Android app using the same Store. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.