Now we can see that most of the users are switching to Smart TV as it offers many online features like live streaming, on-demand content and easy connection with wireless devices. However, if you want to use advanced features and access all the benefits of your smart TV, you need to use an operating system like Android OS. But the common issue faced by several users is limited knowledge of installing Android OS on their smart TV and missing out on a lot of features.
If you are struggling to install Android OS on your Smart TV, then you can follow this article. In the below section, you will find valuable information and direction for installing Android OS on your Smart TV. Then let’s have a look.
Popular Operating System for Smart TV
- Android OS
- Web OS
- Apple OS
- Fire TV OS
- Tizen OS
- Roku OS
Depending upon your Smart TV and interest you can use any of these OS.
The requirements to Install Android OS on Smart TV
Before going to install Android OS on your smart TV you need to get a few basic things.
Google ADT-3 (Developer Kit)
This ADT-3 Developer Kit is an Android TV streaming media player tool which helps software developers to test their applications on the latest OS version.
A USB flash drive is a data storage device with important files and supplementary backups and contains useful settings or applications, run diagnostics to resolve system issues and helps to launch an OS from a bootable USB.
You should have an accurate and stable internet connection to complete the installation process and ensure that you have a 1GB data package for a hassle-free installation.
Android Flash Tool
You need the Android flash tool to install Android builds on your smart TV and download and install the tool using the Google Chrome browser.
Steps to setup ADT-3 Developer Kit to Install Android OS on Smart TV
As the first step to installing Android OS on your Smart TV, you need to set up the ADT-3 Developer Kit. You can go through the below steps to complete the setup process easily.
- Firstly, open your Smart TV and go to the TV home screen.
- Then click on the Settings icon from the right side of the screen using your Askey Remote.
- From the menu, select Device Preferences and click on About.
- Now search for Android TV OS Build option and click over the same 7 to 8 times using your Remote.
- If You are now a developer prompt appears on the screen, then again go back to the Device Preferences menu and select the Developer Options.
- Next, turn ON the toggle beside OEM Unlocking, if any prompt appears on the screen, click on Yes
- Then go to Debugging option and Toggle ON beside USB Debugging, if any prompt appears on the screen, click on Yes
- Once done, the setup process is complete, and your ADT-3 Developer Kit is ready to install Android’s latest OS.
Steps to install Android OS on your Smart TV
You can follow the below steps to install Android OS on your Smart TV,
Note: You need to make sure you have a stable internet connection before starting the installation process.
- Firstly, connect your ADT-3 device to the laptop/PC using the USB connector.
- Then open Android Flash Tool using the Google Chrome browser.
- Once a prompt appears on the screen, click on Allow ADB Access and, from the new menu, click on the Arrow button to select your device.
- Now click on Allow to confirm the connection process and click on the Add Device to secure the connection.
- Further, select your ADT-3 device from the new screen and click on the Connect tab.
- Once you click on the device name, a list of the available Android TV OS builds will appear on the screen.
- And select an Android TV OS from the list to continue.
- Now click on the Install Build button to start the installation process, and we strongly recommend do not make any changes in the settings.
- Once you read the chosen settings, click on Confirm and I Accept button.
- If a prompt appears on the screen to unlock the bootloader click on the Start tab.
- Once done, you will be asked to the re-lock bootloader to complete the installation process click on Start and Done button.
Note: Do not unplug your device or turn off your internet connection during the installation process. Make sure your device has enough power to complete the process.
Now your device will reboot, and an Android TV animation will start appearing on your smart TV screen. You can then complete the one-time setup process to land on the home screen. Finally, unplug your device from the system and you are done.
How to Update your Android TV to the Latest Version
if any update available, you will recive a notifcation at the top right corner of your Smart TV home screen. To update your TV, you can follow these steps,
- Using your Remote press, Quick Settings->Settings->System/Device Preferences->About->System Update and complete the process
How to Change the OS on a Smart TV
Unfortunately, you cannot change the OS on your Smart TV as the operating system of your Smart TV is closely related to your TV hardware components. More specifically, operating systems on smart TVs are often closed-source and it is not possible to get modified. But updating the firmware on your Smart TV is gladly possible, which may include upgrades to the OS.
These are all about the easy steps to install Android OS on Smart TV. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.