As we know, Microsoft has been working hard to bring Android apps support on its latest version Windows 11. Microsoft recently officially released a preview of Android app support on the new Operating System. Only those Windows 11 Beta Channel users can now install and run Windows Subsystem for Android on Windows 11.
There are certain criteria that users must follow to install the Windows Subsystem for Android. Users need to set the PCs region to the United States, must enable Virtualization, and a few more to install Android app support on Windows 11. However, in this article, we will show you how to install and run Windows Subsystem for Android on Windows 11 and fix the installation error. Let’s have a look.
Basic requirements to install Android apps on Windows 11:
- You must be a Windows 11 Beta Channel user to install the Windows subsystem for Android on Windows 11: To know your built version, you must launch the RUN dialog box, then type “winver” and press OK. Additionally, to enrol on Beta Version,
- Firstly, launch Settings->Windows Update-> Windows Insider Program -> Get Started button-> then select Link an account->Continue->select Beta Channel-> click on Continue-> select Restart now.
- Enable Virtualization technology: Make sure the Virtualization feature is enabled on your system. Open Task Manager-> Performance tab-> from the right bottom side, check Virtualization is enabled or not. If not, then you need to follow these below steps,
Press on the Windows icon ->select Restart ->Once your system restarts and the manufacturer’s logo appears on the screen, click on the BIOS hotkey. Generally, the hotkey will be F1, F2, F12, Del or Esc, depending on the model and brand. Now locate and select Virtualization settings in BIOS. Depending on the model, the settings section will be like Virtual, Virtualization, VT-X, or SVM. Then enable the Virtualization feature, Save and exit from the settings.
- Verify your Microsoft Store Version: Ensure you are using Microsoft Store version 22110.1402.6.0 or higher. To check it, open M.S. Store->click on Profile Picture->App Settings-> there check your store version.
- Set System region to U.S: To set the region, Settings-> Time & Language->Language & Region->Country or Region-> choose United States.
Steps to Install Windows Subsystem for Android on Windows 11:
You can follow the below-given steps to install Android apps on your Windows 11,
- Firstly, download Windows Subsystem for Android from the Microsoft Store.
- If you found a green Install button, click on it and follow the on-screen instructions to continue with the installation process.
- Once you have installed Windows Subsystem for Android, then you need to install Amazon Appstore.
Steps to Install Amazon Appstore:
- Firstly go to the Amazon Appstore page and click on the Install button.
- Once installed, sign in using an account and begin to download Android apps. (make sure you need to use the United States-based Amazon account).
- Now you are done, and you can download and install any available Android apps from Amazon Appstore.
Manually Install Windows Subsystem for Android from Winget:
You can also download Windows Subsystem for Android from Winget. To do so, you can follow these below steps,
Note: This option is only available for users inside the U.S.A.
- Firstly, type cmd in the search bar and launch Command Prompt with administrative access.
- Inside the Command Prompt window, type or copy then paste the following command, and press Enter to install W.S.A. from Winget.
Winget install 9p3395vx91nr -s msstore
- Now Enter “Y” to continue with the installation process.
- Again type or copy then paste the following command and press Enter to install Amazon Appstore,
winget install 9njhk44ttksx -s msstore
- Once done, restart the system and check for improvement.
Steps to install Windows Subsystem for Android with PowerShell:
If you have a System with the Dev Channel, then you can install Windows Subsystem for Android forcibly. To do so,
- Firstly, go to the rg-adguard.net official website.
- Then select the Productid option and in the nearby type box, type 9p3395vx91nr, select the Slow option and tick the check button.
- Now from the list, click on the MicrosoftCorporationII.WindowsSubsystemForAndroid_1.7.32815.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe.msixbundle link to save it. (The size of this app package will be around 1.2 GB).
- Then click on the Desktop Start button, type Powershell and open the Powershell Command prompt with administrative access.
- Now in the PowerShell Prompt, type or copy then paste the following commands and press Enter to alter the folder’s directory with the Msixbundle file.
- In the above command, edit “PATH” with the location where you saved the app package earlier.
- Again type the following command and press Enter to install the Windows Subsystem for Android,
- In the above command, edit the “Apppackage” with the one you downloaded just earlier.
- Once done, the Windows Subsystem for Android and Amazon Appstore will install on your Windows 11.
Steps to resolve ‘Unable to start Windows Subsystem for Android’ error:
At times, users will encounter an error while trying to launch Windows Subsystem for Android. In this scenario, you need to enable both the Virtual Machine Platform and Windows Hypervisor Platform feature. To do so, you can easily follow these steps,
- Firstly, open the Settings app and select the Apps option from the left pane menu.
- Then select Optional features and click on the More Windows features option.
- In the newly opened window, tick the checkbox beside the options Virtual Machine Platform and Windows Hypervisor Platform feature.
- Once done, the installation process will work fine now.
Sideload Android Apps on Windows 11:
Another advantage of the Windows Subsystem for Android is it allows to sideload apps. Specifically, there are currently a limited number of apps in the App Library of the Amazon Appstore. Instead of Google Play Store, you can install its alternatives, such as Aurora Store, to simplify the A.P.K. installation procedure. In order to sideload apps, you can install any reliable tools available online.
So these are all about installing Windows Subsystem for Android (W.S.A.) on your Windows 11. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.