Wab.exe is a file usually located in the C:\Program Files on your Windows 10 system. This file is basically an executable for the Windows Address Book and is generally produced by the Microsoft Corporation. However, today several virus creators and malware coders create fake files duplicating the legitimate program files, and when the user download them into their System, it results in launching virus and malware infections. One such file is the wab.exe malware file.
When your System happens to install the wab.exe malware file, it may result in constant crashes, slow down of performance, high CPU space utilization, Unsolicited pop-up ads and many more. However, we have gathered a solution for removing the wab.exe files from your Windows 10 computer, and you can find them right below. Have a look:
Methods for removing the Wab.exe files from Windows 10
METHOD 1: Run Malware Scan on your Computer
Malicious programs can affect several functioning inside your Computer, and thus it is always advisable to keep a check on them. Here in the case of removing wab.exe files from Windows 10, the first method you can try is “Running a Malware scan on your Computer”.
Now for running a Malware scan, you can implement two methods:
Use Windows Defender:
Windows Defender is a built-in antivirus in Windows 10 and is known to offer great protection.
- Firstly, launch Windows Defender by clicking over the shield icon located at the taskbar notification area.
- On the next window, click on Virus & threat protection and then choose Scan Options.
- Further, click on the circular box located before the option Microsoft Defender Offline scan and then select Scan Now.
- Once done, your Computer will restart and begin the scanning process automatically.
Use third-party Malware scanning software:
Windows Defender, at times, might prove powerless against some really strong malware, and thus here, one would require to use a dedicated third-party malware scanning software. There are several such software available online, and you can use any of the reliable ones amongst them.
METHOD 2: Use a dedicated cleaning tool
Using a dedicated cleaning tool is another quick solution that has helped quite a lot of users to remove the wab.exe file from their Windows 10 operating system. There are several such tools available online, and you can use a trusted and reliable one amongst them.
METHOD 3: Repair corrupted files with SFC
SFC is a powerful scan for Windows computers that helps in scanning and removing corrupt system files easily in no time. Here are none of the above-mentioned fixes that work for you then; we recommend you to use the SFC scan and check whether it helps or not.
- Firstly, go to the desktop search bar, type cmd and launch the Command Prompt Make sure you launch it with administrator access.
- Now inside the Command Prompt window, type sfc/scannow and then press Enter.
- Follow the prompts and let the scan process on its own.
- Further, type or Copy + Paste the following command and then press Enter.
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
- Once the scanning process gets completed, restart your computer and then check whether it has helped or not.
METHOD 4: Use System Restore
System Restore is one fail-proof solution that will take back your System to the time when everything was working fine. Here one of the best methods is to use the System Restore feature and revert to the time when the wab.exe files were not an issue for you.
- Firstly, navigate to the desktop search bar, type System restore and click on the option Create a restore point from the search results.
- Now on the System Properties window, navigate to the System Protection tab from the vertical menu and then click on the System Restore tab.
- On the next prompt, click on Next, choose a point where your System was working fine and then click on
- Follow the on-screen prompts in order to complete the process.
Removing the Wab.exe files from Windows 10 is not a tedious task, and you can do the same with any of the method mentioned in the article above. Here we have tried to compile only the tested and proven solution for the ease of our users.
Wab.exe files, if causing any glitch in your System, must be removed quickly without wasting any time. If you are also one of the suffered users, make sure you resolve it with our simply explained guide above. After reading this article, if have any doubts or queries, please write the comment in the comment box.