No matter whichever malware it is, all the users must be alert enough to remove them from their System. A Malware we are going to discuss about today is the Locky Ransomware. Introduced in the year 2016, Locky is ransomware malware that usually gets delivered via email. This email contains an attached Microsoft Word document that carries a malicious macro. Recently the malware is back again in discussion due to the recent Facebook .svg.file threat.
Several Facebook users have been reporting that Locky has been spreading unstoppably. However, there isn’t anything to worry about because the situation can always be cured. If you are also suffering from the Locky ransomware attack on your PC, you can remove it in no time. Here learn how.
Methods of removing Locky Ransomware from your PC
Method 1: Run a malware removal program
Because Locky is a proven malware, you can simply remove it by running an anti-malware program. There are several such programs available online. Consider using their free version before and then invest in any such program that you find effective and worthy.
Method 2: Start Windows in Safe mode with Networking
As per suffered users, starting Windows in Safe Mode with Networking has helped them to escape from Locky Ransomware. You can also try the same and check whether it works or not. To do so,
- Firstly, from the Sign-in screen, press SHIFT + Restart altogether, and it will reboot Windows 10.
- Now navigate to Troubleshoot > and then select Advanced options. Then choose the Startup settings, click on Restart option.
- After your computer restarts, press the appropriate key and choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Now login and then download an anti-malware solution.
- Further, Install the tool and launch a full system scan to remove any remnants of the ransomware.
Method 3: Perform a system restore
If Locky Ransomware is generating issues recently in your System, then you can change the scenario by performing System Restore.
System Restore is a feature that lets you take back your System to a previous working date when the said issue did not even exist. Follow the steps given below and try the same.
- Firstly, go to the desktop search bar, type Control Panel and launch the relevant search result.
- Now from the list of options, click on Recovery, select Open System Restore and, on the prompt, further, click on Next.
- Here choose a restore point (date & time) when the said issue did not exist.
- Now click on Next and then select the option Finish.
These were the top 3 methods that will help you succeed in removing the Locky Ransomware from your PC. All of the above-mentioned fixes have worked for a lot of users, and thus we hope it will work for you as well.
To keep your system safe from viruses and malware, always make sure that the link you click to open or the file you download is from a reliable and trusted source. Avoid going along with anything suspicious. If you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, please leave a comment in the below comment box.