In the world of Windows 11, it’s time to install the Windows Subsystem for Android. This was one of the highly-touted new features that Windows users have been looking for to run Android apps on their system. But lately, some Windows 11 users complain that they can’t install the Windows Subsystem for Android, and their desire to use Android apps on the Windows system is in vain.
Installing Windows Subsystem for Android app is so simple, just head over to the Microsoft official page and install the app on your system. If in any state of affairs, your PC is not eligible to install the app, then there is important to follow this full guide. In this article, we will teach you various methods by which you can install Windows Subsystem for Android on an Unsupported PC. Let’s have a look.
Basic requirements to install Windows Subsystem for Android:
You must be a Windows 11 Beta Channel:
To know your built version, you must launch the RUN dialog box, then type “winver” and press OK. Additionally, to enroll in Beta Version,
Firstly, launch Settings->Windows Update-> Windows Insider Program -> Get Started button-> then select Link an account->Continue->select Beta Channel-> click on Continue-> select Restart now.
Enable Virtualization technology:
Make sure the Virtualization feature is enabled on your system. Open Task Manager-> Performance tab-> from the right bottom side, check Virtualization is enabled or not. If not, then you need to follow these below steps,
Press on the Windows icon ->select Restart ->Once your system restarts and the manufacturer’s logo appears on the screen, click on the BIOS hotkey. Generally, the hotkey will be F1, F2, F12, Del or Esc, depending on the model and brand. Now locate and select Virtualization settings in BIOS. The settings section will be like Virtual, Virtualization, VT-X, or SVM, depending on the model. Then enable the Virtualization feature, Save and exit from the settings.
Set System region to the U.S:
To set the region, Settings-> Time & Language->Language & Region->Country or Region-> choose United States.
Steps to Install Windows Subsystem for Android on Unsupported PC
You can follow the below steps to install Windows Subsystem for Android on ineligible systems. To do so,
- Firstly, go to the Windows Subsystem for Android download page and copy the URL link address.
- Then go to AdGuard Online (online link generator for Microsoft Store) and paste the URL link address there.
- Then click on RP, and from the drop-down list, select Slow and click on the beside tickmark box.
- Now scroll down in the list and select the below-given file. (The file size will be around 1.2 GB)
- If any prompt appears on your screen, click on Keep.
- If the file is downloaded, go to the downloaded folder and right-click over it, then select Copy as path from the drop-down menu.
- Further, go to the Windows 11 Search bar and type Powershell and open the relevant search result.
- Inside the Powershell window, type the following command,
Add-AppxPackage -Path PATH
- Here replace the PATH with the path you just copied from the downloaded file. Ensure the PATH is mentioned in Double inverted commas (“PATH”).
- Once you execute the command, the Windows Subsystem for Android installation process starts quickly.
- When the installation process is completed, a Menu will open before you; select Windows Subsystem for Android.
- If a Notification prompt appears before you, click on Continue.
- Now you can open Windows Subsystem for Android app on your system.
- Then after you can install Amazon Appstore to download and install Android apps from the available list.
So this is all about installing Windows Subsystem for Android on an Unsupported PC. If you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, please leave a comment in the below comment box.