Things change drastically with the release of Windows 11. It is considered the first major release of Microsoft Windows since 2015. The new features and redesigns of Windows 11 make it easy to work with and flexible to manage. Like all older version users, Windows 7 users are wondering if there is any possibility of upgrading to Windows 11. Yes, everyone’s curiosity to try something new is evident.
Without any reluctance, we can say that Windows 7 users can upgrade to the latest Windows 11 in a few steps. The upgrade process may require a complete reinstallation of the Operating System. Anyway, without delay, let’s move on to the exact steps to upgrade to Windows 11.
- Ensure your System meets minimum requirements.
- Your system must have a TPM 2.0 (Trusted Platform Module). The Processor needs to be Intel 8th Generation or above/ AMD Zen or above.
- You must create a full backup, create a backup of your important data to Cloud drive or keep it somewhere for future use (it helps in the restore process, in case you need to roll back to the previous state)
- Make sure you uninstalled currently installed Antivirus, third-party tools, and programs.
- It would be best to disconnect all external hardware, such as Printers, Multi-Monitor, External Hard Drive, etc.
- You need to purchase a License officially.
- Not allowed to carry over current using Apps, Tools, and Settings.
Note: For a smooth, error-free upgradation process, you need to meet all the above criteria.
If you are sure that you followed all the above instructions, then we can move to the steps to upgrade to Windows 11.
Option1: Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 11 via ISO File:
- Firstly, download Windows 11 ISO file on your system.
- Then, right-click over the downloaded file (Windows 11 ISO file), select the Open with option, and click over the Windows Explorer.
- Now from the left navigation pane, select the Mount drive.
- From the list of files, double-click over the setup.exe file to start the upgrade process.
- Now click on the Change how Setup downloads update link ( if available).
- Now click on the radio button beside the Not right now option under the Get updates, drivers and optional features.
- Then click on the Next button.
- In the newly opened window, click on Accept tab to accept the terms and conditions.
- Finally, click on the Install button to upgrade to Windows 11.
If you need a clean installation, then click over Change what to keep-> Nothing->Next->Install.
Once the process gets completed, to select the privacy settings, you need to complete the Out-of-Box (OOBE) experience.
Option 2: Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 11 via Media Creation Tool:
- Firstly, download the Media Installation tool from the Microsoft official website.
- Then click on the Download tool now button and then save the installer on your system.
- Now to begin the Windows 11 Startup wizard, double click over the MediaCreationTooxxxx.exe file.
- Here click on the Accept button to move forward.
- Under the What do you want to do option, click on the radio button beside Upgrade this PC now.
- Then click on the Next button. If asked, then you need to type a valid Windows 11 Product Key. (the edition you need to upgrade)
- Now click on Next and select Accept tab to approve the licensing terms and conditions.
- Inside the newly opened window, select Keep personal files and apps and click on the Install tab to proceed with the upgrade process.
- Once the upgrade process gets completed, restart the system, and you will be able to use Windows 11 on your system.
At the end we hope you are able to upgrade to Windows 11 quickly. But the Media Creation tool used to upgrade to Windows 11 is not yet available on its official page. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.