Quite often Xbox app succumb to errors or technical glitches, the most recent one is Error Code 0x80073CFC. Recently few gamers complained about the Xbox app Error Code 0x80073CFC while trying to play the game. Anyway this error simply means there is an issue with the Gaming services and it stops working.
The game services help to play the game online with friends and if something happens wrong with these services it will affect your gaming experience badly. Luckily, there are few solutions out there to help you to resolve the Xbox app Error Code 0x80073CFC quickly. Then without any delay let’s delve into the quick fixes.
Fixes for the Xbox App Error Code 0x80073CFC
Fix 1: Repair Gaming Services
Resetting and repairing the Gaming services will help you to resolve Error Code 0x80073CFC quickly. To do so,
- Open Settings and choose Apps from the left pane menu, then go to Installed Apps and select Gaming Services.
- Now select its Advanced Options and click on Terminate to proceed.
- Then click on the Repair and Reset button and retry to play the game on the console.
Fix 2: Reinstall Gaming Services
Another solution you can try is reinstalling the gaming services. To do so,
- Inside the Search box type “PowerShell” and open the first result with admin access.
- Then type the following command to uninstall Gaming Services,
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.GamingServices | Remove-AppxPackage -AllUsers
- Once done, you can reinstall the Gaming Services by typing the following command,
- Now click on the Get button and retry to play the game on the console.
Fix 3: Repair Game Files
Repairing the problematic game files will allow you to resolve Xbox App “Error Code: 0x80073CFC on Windows. To do so,
- Launch the Xbox App and choose the problematic game from the list.
- Then click on the three dots beside the Play button, choose Manage, select Files and click on Verify and Repair button.
- Once done, you can relaunch the game and see the issue resolved for you.
Fix 4: Remove Cache from Microsoft Store
If the cache files are mounted in the Microsoft Store then also you will encounter a similar issue. In this case you should clear the mounted cache files and relaunch the game.
- Launch Run dialog box by typing “RUN” in search box, then type “wsreset.exe” in the text box and press Enter,
- Finally, open the Xbox app and retry to run the game and see the result.
Fix 5: Use Windows Store Troubleshooter
Sometimes running the Windows built-in Store troubleshooter will help you to terminate Error Code: 0x80073CFC on the Xbox app. To do so,
- Open Settings and select the System section, then select Troubleshoot and click on Other troubleshooters.
- Then select Windows Store Apps and click on the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Once done, restart the system and relaunch the Xbox app to run the game.
Fix 6: Install Xbox Identity Provider
This Xbox Identity helps to connect the game through the internet smoothly. So installing the Xbox identity Provider resolves your Error Code: 0x80073CFC in the Xbox app quickly.
- You can go through this link and click on the Get in Store App button.
- When the Microsoft Store launches, install the file and retry to run the game on the Xbox app and see the result.
Fix 7: Reinstall the Game
If any of the listed solutions help in your case, then you need to uninstall the problematic game completely from the system. Once done, restart the system and reinstall the same game from its official page and check if the issue persists or not.
These are the top and reliable solutions to resolve Xbox App “Error Code: 0x80073CFC” in Windows. Along with these solutions you should mind the system date and time, if it is incorrect then also you will encounter similar errors.