With more sophisticated features, WWE 2K22 is available for gamers on all platforms to fight with the biggest and most realistic looking WWE superstars and celebrities. But some players are not able to play the game in full swing because the game controller/gamepad is not working properly, and they are frustrated with the same issue.
As per suffering players, they are stuck on the startup screen, and the controller becomes unresponsive. There might be several causes for the same issue, including outdated controller driver, minor bugs and more. Anyway, in this article, we have gathered a few solutions to tackle the WWE 2K22 Controller/Gamepad Not Working issue quickly and effectively. So, let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Configure the Controller:
As a first step to resolve the WWE 2K22 Controller/Gamepad Not Working issue, you need to configure your controller. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam on your system screen and click on its Settings icon.
- On the newly opened screen, select the Controller option and click on the General Controller settings.
- Then tick the checkbox beside your controller (Xbox, PS4, PS5, Switch).
- Once you have selected the controller from the list, relaunch the game and see the improvement.
Fix 2: Disable Other Controller Software
If you use multiple controllers to run games on your system, you will need to disable other controllers that are not currently in use. To do so,
- Firstly, type Task Manager in your taskbar search box and open the top result from the search.
- Inside the newly opened window, select and disable unnecessary controller-related tasks except the controller you use to run the game.
- Finally, restart the system, run the game and check the issue persists or not.
Fix 3: Enable Steam Input
Another solution to resolve the WWE 2K22 Controller/Gamepad Not Working issue is enabling the Steam Input. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam and navigate to its Library section.
- Then select and right-click on the WWE 2K22 and select the Properties option from the drop-down menu.
- Inside the newly opened screen, click on the Controller option.
- Further, under the Override for WWE 2K22 category, click on the down arrow and select the Enable Steam Input option. After saving the changes, relaunch the game and see the controller/gamepad is working or not.
- If not, then you should select the Disable Steam Input option and see the issue resolved for you.
Fix 4: Change Steam Input Per-Game Settings
As per some players, changing the Steam Input per-game settings helped them to resolve the WWE 2K22 Controller not working issue. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam and then from the top right corner of the home screen, click on the Big Picture Mode.
- On the next window, click on the Library section and select WWE 2K22 from the game list.
- Now click on the Manage game option from the left pane menu and click on Controller Options.
- In the newly appeared Controller Application Options prompt, select Forced On.
- Further, launch the game again and check any improvement; if the issue persists, then you can Forced Off the same.
- Finally, restart the game and check the game controller is working or not.
Fix 5: Update Controller Driver
If you encounter the controller or gamepad not working issue, then you need to make sure that the controller driver installed on your system is updated or not. To check it out, go to the official website of Controller Construction and check if there are any updates. If updates are available, install them quickly on your system and see results.
Fix 6: Reconnect Controller
In most cases, simply disconnecting the controller might help you to resolve the controller/gamepad not working issue. Once you disconnect the controller, leave it for a few seconds and reconnect it correctly.
Fix 7: Disconnect Bluetooth/USB Devices
As a last resort, you should disconnect all the external devices from your system before connecting the controller. For example, disconnect Bluetooth/USB devices, printers, scanners etc.
These are the top fixes for the WWE 2K22 Controller/Gamepad not working on PC issues. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.