Updating your Windows from time to time is crucial for a smooth working experience. If the update somehow gets in trouble, it may affect your work on the computer. Lately, several Windows users have been complaining about the error 0x80070652, appearing on the screen while they trying to update their Windows.
There can be many known or unknown causes for this error. If you are also the one suffering from the same error code 0x80070652, then you must go through the workarounds we have provided below. The solutions given below are much effective, and might easily help you to get rid of the said error. Let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Run Windows built-in Troubleshoot tool:
Windows 10 have an advanced troubleshooting feature that helps to resolve most of the common issues. Here also to get rid of the “Windows Update Error Code 0x80070652” issue you can try the same. So as to run the troubleshooter, you can follow these steps,
Note: You must restart your system before running the Troubleshoot Tool. In some cases, a simple restart helped most users to avoid the same error.
- Firstly, press Windows + I to open the Settings window.
- Then select the Update and Security option.
- In the newly opened window from the left pane, click on Troubleshoot and click on the Additional troubleshooters option.
- Now from the left pane menu, select Windows update and click on Run the troubleshooter.
- Once done, check for the error.
Fix 2: Uninstall the latest updates and try again:
Sometimes, the recently installed updates might be responsible for the “Windows Update Error Code 0x80070652” issue. In this case, to escape from the said error, you need to uninstall the recently installed updates and try again to install the latest updates. To uninstall the latest updates, follow these steps,
- Firstly, in the desktop search bar type, Settings and open the Settings app from the search result.
- Inside the Settings menu, select the Update and Security option.
- Further, select Windows Update from the left pane menu.
- Now select the view update history option and click on Uninstall updates.
- From the list, find the recently installed updates, right-click over them and, select Uninstall button.
- Once you uninstalled the recently installed updates, then now try to install the latest updates.
- Now check, to find if there are any issues as the update process progresses.
Fix 3: Manually reinstall the update:
As per some suffered users, reinstalling the update manually helped them to resolve the “Windows Update Error Code 0x80070652” issue quickly. To reinstall the update manually,follow these steps,
- Firstly, locate the Microsoft Update catalog site.
- In the given search bar, type your KB number, then download the file and run it.
- Once you installed it, restart your system and check for the error.
Fix 4: Run the batch script:
In case the Windows update service gets complicated then you are able to reset certain update services manually, otherwise, you can use a pre-created batch script. To run the batch script, follow these steps,
- Firstly, Download the script file, then right-click on the file and run it as administrator.
- Once the process completed, restart your system and check whether the said error got resolved or not.
Fix 5: Use Media Creation Tool:
If all the above-given solution does not erase the Error Code 0x80070652 issue then you need to use the media creation tool to install updates. To use the media creation tool, follow these steps,
- Firstly, Download the Media Creation tool. In this context, you need to backup all data and license key.
- Then start the desktop client and select Upgrade this PC now.
- Further, the tool will get and install the available updates quickly.
- Once you are done, restart the system and check for the said error.
Now you know all about the Windows Update Error Code 0x80070652 issue and how to deal with it. This is not a serious error, and any user who has basic computer knowledge can apply the above give fixes. If you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, leave a comment in the below comment box.