One of the most exciting features of the Windows Defender is offline system scanning. This exciting feature helps users to scan their system even before the system is booted. As have many advantages and features, Windows Defender is not free from problems. One such issue is what we are going to discuss today. Several Windows users reported that nowadays Windows Defender not detecting any malicious software and keep asking to perform an offline scan.
The said issue is not a serious one and can resolve it very easily. If you are also suffering from the same issue and seeking for a solution to avoid this issue then this guide will helpful for you. In this article, we came with some sure-shot solutions to get rid of the said error. Let’s see what are they.
Solution 1: Disable the Security Messages:
Security messages are important for Windows users because every time Windows Defender throws some important security notifications. While you turning off this feature you will no longer receive such notifications. While disabling the security messages from your system, you will never be asked by Windows Defender to scan your system again. To disable security messages, follow these steps,
- Firstly, in the taskbar search box, type, control panel and open the relevant search result.
- Then change the View by option to Large icons, and then select the Security and Maintenance option.
- Now from the left pane menu select Change Security & Maintenance settings.
- In the newly opened window untick the Spyware and unwanted software protection and Virus protection option.
- Once done, Restart the system, hereafter your Windows Defender never asks to offline scan again.
Solution 2: Use better Antivirus:
In case, your Windows Defender is not sufficient to scan your system then, you can switch to a better antivirus tool for better performance. Sometimes, Windows Defender may fail to scan for some efficient viruses and may lead to several complicated issues. There are several efficient Antivirus tools available online, you can select a trusty one from them.
Solution 3: Update Windows:
In case, the above solutions failed to resolve the same issue in your case, you can turn to one sure solution. To resolve the Windows Defender said issue, you need to update your Windows and make sure no update is pending.
- In the desktop search bar, type, Settings and launch the first search result.
- Now in the settings window, select the option Update and Security.
- Then from the right pane menu, navigate to Window update and click on Check for updates option.
- Lastly, Restart your system and, the issue in Windows Defender might get resolved now.
Thus, now you got all the available solutions to get rid of the “Windows Defender Asks to Scan After Windows 10 update” issue. If the issue persists after trying all the 3 fixes, then you can turn off the Windows Defender feature from your system.
We hope this article is helpful to you. After reading this article, have any doubts or queries, write down the comment in the below comment box.