As per Windows 7 and Windows 8 users, while they tried to upgrade to Windows 10, they faced the Activation Error 0xc004f050. After getting the said error, users were not able to activate their copy of Windows 10, and even at times, their system became unstable.
However, the Activation Error 0xc004f050 isn’t worry worthy as it is resolvable, and there are quite a lot of fixes available for the same. Here are some of the quick and easy fixes that will help you in getting rid of the Windows 10 Activation Error 0xc004f050. Have a look:
Fixes for Windows 10 Activation Error 0xc004f050
FIX 1: Upgrade to Windows 10, and then perform a clean install:
There are certain things that work slightly different for Windows 10 than for any other version of Windows. While a user tries to switch to Windows 10, they mistakenly perform a clean install instead of an upgrade. However, the proper way is to first upgrade from Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10 and then perform a clean install thereafter.
A user must not perform a clean install first as Windows 10 takes some time to authenticates that your Windows 7 or 8 is genuine or not. If found genuine, once Windows 10 upgrades, your system will be activated and marked as genuine.
FIX 2: Confirm your product key:
You can also consider confirming your product key in case the Activation Error 0xc004f050 occurred after you tried to upgrade from an older version of Windows 10 to its latest release. To confirm the product key, follow these steps,
- Firstly, press Windows + I altogether and then launch the Settings app.
- Now inside the Settings app, navigate to the Update & Security section and then click on Activation from the left-pane menu.
- On the next window, click on Change Product Key, then enter your administrator password (If asked) and further click on Continue.
- Now type your product key and then click on Enter.
- Lastly, complete the process by following on-screen instructions.
FIX 3: Use Windows 10 Activation troubleshooter:
Windows 10 is equipped with a series of built-in troubleshooting tools that helps in resolving most of the errors and glitches. Here for the Activation Error 0xc004f050, you can use the Windows 10 Activation troubleshooter and check whether it helps or not. To use activation troubleshooter, follow these steps,
- Firstly, navigate to Start, click on Update & security and then click on Activation.
- Now scroll down the list of options and locate the Activation troubleshooter.
- Once you find it, click on it and then click on the Run the troubleshooter. Further, follow the on-screen instructions and complete the process.
FIX 4: Reactivate Windows after a hardware change:
Most of the time, when the Windows 10 operating system detects any major hardware changes, it suddenly stops working. Like in case, if the Activation Error 0xc004f050 occurred just after you replace your motherboard, then you can follow the below methods and fix it swiftly. For knowing how, have a look down below:
- Consider installing Windows 7 or 8 again and then upgrade to Windows 10.
- Considering purchasing the Windows 10 license key.
- Or Consider installing Windows 7 or 8 on a new hard drive and then upgrade to Windows 10.
These were the top 4 fixes for the Windows 10 Activation Error 0xc004f050. The Activation Error 0xc004f050 is even more common than you can even think of; thus, if you are experiencing it, there’s nothing major to worry about.
At the end of this article, we hope that you will find all the information mentioned here as informational and relevant. If you have any doubts or queries after reading the article, leave a comment in the below comment box.