Recently a few users have complained that when they try to use the Voice Recording on their Windows, they get the Error Code 0x80049dd3 and are prevented from using the feature. The voice typing feature has been introduced in the Windows system to make the work easier for the users. In our analysis, we have come to know that this is a problem from Microsoft’s end and they will fix the problem soon.
If you are also suffering from the same issue, then you can follow this full-length guide to overcome it. Here we have listed some workarounds that you can try to quickly resolve Voice Typing Error Code 0x80049dd3. Then let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Sign in using New User Account
The most reliable and helpful solution to escape from the Voice Typing Error Code 0x80049dd3 “Something Went Wrong” issue is to log in to the system with a new Admin account. To do so,
- Open Settings-> select Accounts-> Family & other users-> Add someone else to this PC (Add account under Other users) in Windows 11.
- Then click on I don’t have this person’s sign in information-> click on Add a user without a Microsoft account, enter a new Username, Password and other details and click on the Next button.
- Once you have created a new account, click on Change account type-> select Administrator and click OK.
- Finally, click on the Windows icon from the taskbar and you need to click on the newly created username and sign in to your system using the password. Now you can check Voice Typing feature is working fine or not.
Fix 2: Reinstall Voice Recorder
If the issue persists in your case, then you need to reinstall the Voice Recorder on your system. To do so,
- Firstly, type “PowerShell” in your desktop search box and open the window with administrator access.
- On the new screen, you can type or copy+paste the following command and press Enter button,
Get-AppxPackage *soundrecorder* | Remove-AppxPackage
- Now Voice Recorder will get uninstalled from your system; once done, go to Windows Store, download and install Voice Recorder on your system and check if the problem persists.
Fix 3: Check Microphone Settings
If the microphone is not properly connected to your system, the voice typing feature may not work as you expect. To check the settings, you can go though the below steps,
- Open Settings->System->Sound-> under Input section select your device for Speaking or Recording.
- Once done, you can check whether the issuee get resolved or not.
Fix 4: Check your Microphone is Active
To use the voice typing feature, you need to make sure that the microphone access is turned on. To do so,
- Open Settings->Privacy->Microphone-> click the Change button under Allow access to the microphone on this device section.
- Now you can toggle ON Microphone access and see the result.
These are all about the Voice Typing Error Code 0x80049dd3 “Something Went Wrong” on Windows and its fixes. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.