As part of regular updates, Microsoft recently released Update KB KB5019980 for Windows 11 22H2 and Update KB5019961 for the 21H2 version respectively. These updates fix several issues and bring new improvements to enhance the user experience. But few users complained that they are unable to install KB5019980 and KB5019961 updates on their Windows even after multiple attempts.
If you are also suffering from the same issue, this article will help you to get rid of it. Here we have listed some solutions for you to install Update KB5019980 and KB5019961 on your Windows 11 quickly. Then let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Run Update Troubleshooter
The first try to install Updates KB5019980 and KB5019961 on your Windows 11 is to run the built-in Update Troubleshooter. To do so,
- Go to Start menu->Settings->System->Troubleshooter->Other troubleshooters->Windows Update-> click on the Run button and retry to install the updates.
Fix 2: Install Windows 11 Installation Assistant
If you failed to install Updates KB5019980 and KB5019961 on your Windows 11, then you should reinstall Windows 11 Installation Assistant. To do so,
- Open Windows 11 Installation Assistant page->click on the Download now button (under the Installation Assistant section), install it on your system and retry to install the updates.
Fix 3: Install Windows 11 Media Creation Tool
Another trick is to install Windows 11 Media Creation Tool on your system. To do so,
- Open Windows 11 Media Creation Tool page->go to Create Windows 11 Installation Media section-> click on the Download button and install it on your system.
- Once done, you will be able to install the latest updates on your system.
Fix 4: Run SFC Scan
If still you are not able to install Updates KB5019980 and KB5019961 on your Windows 11, then you should run the system file checker tool to repair system files. To do so,
- Open Command Prompt screen (type “cmd” in the search box)->inside the new screen type, Sfc /scan now and press Enter.
- Then type these commands and press Enter,
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Once done, all system files will get repaired, now you can install the latest update.
Fix 5: Reset Windows Update Service
Sometimes resetting the Windows Update Service will allow you to install the problematic updates smoothly. To do so,
- Open Services window->locate and right-click on Windows Update-> Properties->change Start type to Automatic and Services status to Running.
- Now click on Restart the service from the left top settings and retry to install the update.
Fix 6: Reset Windows Update Components
At times, it is necessary to reset Windows Update components and retry to install the latest update. To do so,
- Open Command Prompt screen (type “cmd” in the search box)->inside the new screen, type the following commands and press Enter,
SC config trustedinstaller start=auto
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop msiserver
net stop cryptsvc
net stop appidsvc
Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren %Systemroot%\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll
regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dl
l regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll
netsh winsock reset
netsh winsock reset proxy
rundll32.exe pnpclean.dll,RunDLL_PnpClean /DRIVERS /MAXCLEAN
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanup
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start msiserver
net start cryptsvc
net start appidsvc
- Once done, restart the system and retry to install the latest updates.
Fix 7: Use Microsoft Update Catalog
If none of the above solutions helps you, then you should install Update KB5019980 and KB5019961 from the Microsoft Update Catalog page. To do so,
- Open Microsoft Update Catalog-> type “KB5019980/ KB5019961″ in the search box and install the compatible file on your system and you have completed the installation process.
These are all about installing Update KB5019980 and KB5019961 on Windows 11. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.