Microsoft recently released KB5017321 and KB5017026 to enhance performance on Windows 11 system. These updates bring many bug fixes and improvements, but unfortunately, a problem prevented a few users from experiencing the new features of these updates. As we said, some users have complained that when they try to install KB5017321/KB5017026 Updates on their Windows 11, they fail to complete the process and they are much worried about it.
If you are also experiencing the same problem, then you can follow this article to get all the reliable solutions. Here we have tried to gather all possible solutions to help you install Updates KB5017321/KB5017026 on your Windows 11. Then let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Restart the System
If the Update KB5017321/KB5017026 fails to install on your system, you can restart the system, try to download the problematic update and install it on your system again. This basic trick will help you solve your problem quickly.
Fix 2: Run SFC Scan
In case any system files get corrupted, it will affect the functioning of the system and hamper the installation process. In this case, you can run an SFC scan and install the update. To do so,
- Open Command Prompt window-> type or paste the following command and press Enter button,
- Then again, type or paste the following command to restore those early repaired files and press Enter button,
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Once done, you can try again to download and install the problematic updates quickly.
Fix 3: Run Update Troubleshooter
Sometimes running the Windows Update Troubleshooter will allow you to install Updates KB5017321 and KB5017026 on your Windows 11 easily. To do so,
- Open Start menu->click on Settings->choose System->Troubleshooter option.
- Next, click on Other troubleshooters-> select Windows Update->click on the Run button beside the same.
- Once done, you can retry to download and install the discussed updates.
Fix 4: Install Windows 11 Installation Assistant
In some cases, installing the Windows Installation Assistant will help you to install Updates KB5017321 and KB5017026 on your Windows 11. To do so,
- Move to Windows 11 Installation Assistant webpage-> click on the Download now button under the Windows 11 Installation Assistant and continue the process.
- Then you need to install the downloaded file and retry to install the updates.
Fix 5: Install Windows 11 Media Creation Tool
At times you need to install Windows 11 Media Creation as well to escape from discussed installation issue. To do so,
- Move to Windows 11 Media Creation Tool webpage-> click on the Download now button under Windows 11 Media Creation Tool and continue the process.
- Then install the downloaded file and retry to install the updates.
Fix 6: Reset Windows Update Service
In some instances, resetting the Windows Update Service will help you to resolve your said issue quickly. To do so,
- Open Services window->locate and right-click on Windows Update option->select Properties.
- On the new screen, set the Startup type as Automatic and Service Status as Running option.
- And click on Restart the Service option from the upper left side of the Services home screen.
- Once the process gets completed, you can retry to install the problematic update.
Fix 7: Reset Windows Update Component
Still now you couldn’t install Update KB5017321 and KB5017026 on your Windows 11, then you need to reset Windows Update Component and see the result. To do so
- Open Command Prompt screen-> type the following commands one by one and click on the Enter button,
SC config trustedinstaller start=auto
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop msiserver
net stop cryptsvc
net stop appidsvc
Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren %Systemroot%\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll
regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dl
regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll
netsh winsock reset
netsh winsock reset proxy
rundll32.exe pnpclean.dll,RunDLL_PnpClean /DRIVERS /MAXCLEAN
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanup
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start msiserver
net start cryptsvc
net start appidsvc
- Finally, you can start the update installation process.
Fix 8: Use Microsoft Update Catalog
In case the automatic update installation process fails in your case, you can install the problematic update from the Microsoft Update Catalog page. To do so,
- Go to the Microsoft Update Catalog webpage-> type Update “KB5017321/KB5017026” in the given search box, and from the list of files, download the file compatible with your system.
- Once done, install the downloaded file on your system and you are done.
Fix 9: Free Up Disk Space
Along with these solutions, you need to ensure that your system has enough storage space to download the latest update. If there is not enough disk space available, some unwanted files need to be removed from the system to save some disk space.
These are all about heto install Update KB5017321/KB5017026 on your Windows 11 effortlessly. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.