Microsoft has recently released the Update KB5011487 for systems running Windows 10 21H2, 21H1, and 20H2 versions. As usual, this latest Update provides several fixes and improvements. For instance, you can now share cookies between Microsoft Edge’s Internet Explorer mode and Microsoft Edge. But few users complain that they cannot install the Update KB5011487 on their Windows 10.
You may encounter various hurdles while trying to install the latest Update on your system, but you don’t need to worry here. In this article, we have listed some solutions for the easy installation of Update KB5011487 on your system. Then without any delay, let’s go to the detailed solutions listed below.
Fix 1: Run Update Troubleshooter:
As a first attempt to install the latest released Microsoft Update KB5011487 on your Windows 10, you need to run the built-in troubleshooter tool. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + I altogether to launch the Settings menu on your computer desktop.
- Then select the Update & Security option from the Settings home window.
- Now click on the Troubleshooter and select the Additional troubleshooters option.
- On the next screen, select the Windows Update and click on the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Finally, restart the system and install the new Update.
Fix 2: Run Update Assistant:
Sometimes running the Windows 10 Update Assistant tool may help you overcome the hurdle of installing the Update KB5011487 on your system. To do so,
- Firstly, move on to the Windows 10 Update Assistant feature.
- Then click on the Update now button and follow the on-screen directions to complete the update process.
- Finally, restart the system and see the Update works on your system.
Fix 3: Use Microsoft Update Catalog:
If you are unable to install the Update KB5011487 directly on your system, you will need to install the Update manually from the Microsoft Update catalog page. To do so,
- Firstly, move on to the Microsoft Update Catalog webpage.
- In the search box, type Update KB5011487 and press Enter.
- Then you can download the discussed Update and install it on your Windows.
- Finally, restart the system and see the system’s performance.
Fix 4: Install Windows 10 Media Creation Tool:
In some cases, installing the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool may allow you to install the latest Update KB5011487 on your system without interruption. To do so,
- Firstly, open your browser and move on to the official webpage of the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.
- Then under the Create Windows 10 Installation Media, click on the Download tool now button.
- Now open the downloaded file and install it on your system.
- Finally, install the problematic Update again and see the result.
Fix 5: Reset Windows Update Component:
If all of the above tricks fail in your case, you may need to reset your Windows Update component to escape from the discussed issue. To do so,
- Firstly, type cmd in your search box open the Command Prompt screen as Administrator.
- Then copy then paste or type the following commands one after another and press Enter,
SC config trustedinstaller start=auto
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop msiserver
net stop cryptsvc
net stop appidsvc
Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren %Systemroot%\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll
regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dl
l regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll
netsh winsock reset
netsh winsock reset proxy
rundll32.exe pnpclean.dll,RunDLL_PnpClean /DRIVERS /MAXCLEAN
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanup
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start msiserver
net start cryptsvc
net start appidsvc
- If you executed all the commands, exit from the screen, restart the system and mark the result.
Fix 6: Restart Windows Update Service
In some instances, simply restarting the Windows Update Service may help you install the Update KB5011487 on your Windows 10. to do so,
- Firstly, on your system search box, type ‘services’ and open the top search result.
- Inside the Sevices window, locate and double click on the Windows Update service.
- On the newly appeared screen, set up the Startup type as Automatic and Service status as Running.
- Finally, restart the system and try again to install the latest update on your system and see the result.
These are the effective solutions to overcome the Update KB5011487 Not Installing on Windows 10 issue. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.