After installing the latest Cumulative update, many users complained that they encountered an error code 0x800f0900. Microsoft releases new updates at regular intervals to fix bugs and issues. But sometimes, these updates cause a few bugs, which turns into a headache for the users.
If you’re experiencing error code 0x800f0900 on your Windows, you’re in the right place. Anyway, in this article, we have listed a few solutions to overcome the same error as quickly as possible without any distress. Then let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Run Update Troubleshooter
The first step to resolve the Error Code 0x800f0900 on your Windows 11 system is running the Update troubleshooter. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Settings menu and click on System.
- Then select the Troubleshoot and choose the Other troubleshooters option.
- Inside the new screen, locate and click on the Run button beside the Update troubleshooter option.
- Once done, restart the system and see if the error code appears again or not.
Fix 2: Run SFC Scan
Sometimes corrupted system files might be the main reason for the occurrence of the Error Code 0x800f0900 on your Windows 11 system. In this case, you need to run the SFC tool to repair corrupted system files as soon as possible. To do so,
- Firstly, type ‘cmd’ in the search box and open the Command Prompt screen with admin privilege.
- In the new screen, type the below-given command and press Enter,
- After executing the above command, you need to type the below commands and press Enter to restore those corrupted files,
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth
- Once done, restart the system and see the issue existing or not.
Fix 3: Delete Unnecessary Files
At times simply removing the temporary files from the system will help you to resolve the Error Code 0x800f0900 quickly. To do so,
- Firstly, open the File Manager and click on the This PC option.
- On the new screen, select and right-click on Windows (C:) and select the Properties option.
- Inside the Properties screen, click on the Disk Cleanup button and click OK.
- And you should select the Clean up system files option.
- Then tick on the checkbox beside all the options except the Download and click on OK.
- Now unnecessary files will be detected and if any prompt appears on the screen, click on OK.
Fix 4: Restart Update Services
In similar cases, just restarting the Update services will allow you to run your system without any problems. To do so,
- Firstly, type “Services” in your search box and open the top result from the search.
- Then scroll down and double-click on the Windows Update service and select its Properties.
- Inside the new screen, set the Startup service as Automatic option and Service status as Running.
- Repeat the same steps to restart the Background intelligent transfer service as well.
Fix 5: Use Installation Assistant
At the critical stage, downloading the Windows 11 Installation Assistant will help you to troubleshoot the Error Code 0x800f0900 effectively. To do so,
- Firstly, navigate to the Windows 11 Installation Assistant webpage.
- Then click on the Download now button, install it as soon as possible and see the issue resolved for you.
Fix 6: Use Media Creation Tool
Another solution to get rid of the Error Code 0x800f0900 on your Windows 11 is downloading the Media Creation tool. To do so,
- Firstly, navigate to the Windows 11 Media Creation tool webpage.
- Then click on the Download now button and install it on your system at the earliest.
- Once done, check whether the error persists or not.
Fix 7: Disconnect Eternal Devices
If any of the above solutions do not help you, then you need to disconnect all external devices connected to the system. Error Code 0x800f0900 can occur as a result of malicious system drivers and bad ports, so remove all extra peripherals and see the result.
These are all about the Update Error Code 0x800f0900 on Windows 11 and its fixes. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.