Recently, a few users complained that they received the Error Code 0x800f0806 while trying to download and install the KB5017321/KB5017026 update on their Windows 11. As per some reports, some users failed to install the Windows 11 22H2 update and received the error message ‘Download error – 0x800f0806’. Anyway, this is not a complicated problem, and you can solve it quickly by going through the end of this article.
If you are also getting the same error message and prevented from installing the latest Updates, then you are at the right place. Here we have listed a few reliable solutions to overcome your Update Error Code 0x800f0806 effectively and permanently. From now on, you can easily install the latest updates without any problem. Let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Restart the System
The first attempt to get rid of update error code 0x800f0806 in Windows 11 is to restart your system. By doing so, most of the bugs will get removed from your system, and you may be able to install the latest update smoothly.
Fix 2: Run Update Troubleshooter
If the error message persists, then you need to run the Windows built-in Update Troubleshooter. To do so,
- Open Start menu->select Settings icon->click on System->choose Troubleshooter option.
- Now click on Other troubleshooters-> click on the Run button beside the Windows Update option.
- Once done, you can try again to download and install the latest updates on your system.
Fix 3: Run SFC Tool
Sometimes running the System File Checker will help you resolve the Update Error Code 0x800f0806 on Windows 11 quickly. To do so,
- Open Command Prompt window (type cmd in the search box)-> type or copy+paste the following command and press Enter,
- And type or copy+ paste the following commands and press Enter button,
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Finally, you can start again to download and install the latest updates on your system.
Fix 4: Reset Windows Update Service
At times, you can escape from the ‘Download error – 0x800f0806’ on your Windows 11 by resetting the Windows Update service. To do so,
- Launch Services window->select and right-click on Windows Update service and click on its Properties.
- Inside the new window, set the Startup type option as Automatic and the Service Status option as Running.
- Once done, click on Restart the Service option from the upper left side of the Services screen and continue the process.
- Finally, you can retry to download and install the latest updates on your system.
Fix 5: Reset Windows Update Component
Another solution to resolve the Update Error Code 0x800f0806 on Windows 11 is resetting the Windows Update Component. To do so,
- Open Command Prompt screen-> type or copy+ paste the following commands and click on the Enter,
SC config trustedinstaller start=auto
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop msiserver
net stop cryptsvc
net stop appidsvc
Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren %Systemroot%\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll
regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dl
regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll
netsh winsock reset
netsh winsock reset proxy
rundll32.exe pnpclean.dll,RunDLL_PnpClean /DRIVERS /MAXCLEAN
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanup
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start msiserver
net start cryptsvc
net start appidsvc
- Finally, you can retry to install the latest update on your system smoothly.
Fix 6: Install Windows 11 Installation Assistant
In most cases, installing the Windows Installation Assistant will help you to escpe from the Update Error Code 0x800f0806 . To do so,
- Go to Windows 11 Installation Assistant webpage-> move to Windows 11 Installation Assistant section-> click on the Download now , continue the process and install the file on your system.
- Then install the latest update on your Windows 11 smoothly.
Fix 7: Install Windows 11 Media Creation Tool
In some cases, you need to install Windows 11 Media Creation tool to eliminate the error message ‘Download error – 0x800f0806’ from your Windows 11. To do so,
- Go to Windows 11 Media Creation Tool page-> move towards Windows 11 Media Creation Tool section, and click on the Download now button.
- Finally, install the file on your system and continue with the latest updates installation process.
Fix 8: Use Microsoft Update Catalog
If any of the above solutions failed, then you can install the problematic update from the Microsoft Update catalog. To do so,
- Open Microsoft Update Catalog page-> in the search box type, Update “KB5017321/KB5017026” and click on the OK button.
- Then from the list of files, download the compatible file and install it on your Windows 11
- Now you have installed the latest update, and enjoy its latest features.
These are all about the Update Error Code 0x800f0806 on Windows 11 and its fixes. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.