Microsoft’s latest Operating System, Windows 11, brings you closer to the advanced handy features you early wished. As more and more users switch to the new Operating System, problems and error reporting moderately increased. We’re going to discuss one such issue today; recently, some users reported an Update Error Code 0x800700B7 while trying to update their Windows 11.
We’ve seen this kind of update error code many times, so it’s not a terrible one. In our in-depth research, we have collected some accurate solutions to fix the same error. Anyway, you are also facing the same error, follow this article to fix the problem quickly. Let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Reset Windows Update Service:
When you get the Update Error Code 0x800700B7 on Windows 11 screen, you firstly need to run the Windows in-built troubleshooter tool. This trick might help you to resolve the same error. To do so,
- Firstly, type Services in the search box and open the Services Menu from the search result.
- Then in the Services window, scroll down and select and double-click on Windows Update
- Inside the Properties window, set Startup type as automatic and Services status as running.
- Once done, click on Apply and OK. Then you can check for the issue, is it persists or not.
Fix 2: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter:
Sometimes running the Windows built-in troubleshooter helps you to resolve the Update Error Code 0x800700B7 on Windows 11. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + I simultaneously to launch the Settings app.
- Then select Troubleshoot and click on the Other troubleshooters link.
- In the newly opened screen, select Windows Update and click on the Run button.
- Once done, restart the system and check the discussed error eliminated from your screen.
Fix 3: Run SFC Scan:
Another solution to tackle the Update Error Code 0x800700B7 on Windows 11 is running the SFC scan to detect and repair corrupted system files. To do so,
- Firstly, type cmd in the search box and open the Command Prompt window with administrative access.
- Inside the Command Prompt window, type or copy then paste the following command and press Enter,
Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
- Again type or copy then paste the following command and then press Enter,
- Then type or copy then paste the following command and press Enter,
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Once done, restart the system and see the result.
Fix 4: Reset Windows Update Component:
As per some suffered users, they finally managed to escape from the Update error code 0x800700B7 on Windows 11 by resetting Windows Update components. To do so,
- Firstly, type cmd in your Windows 11 search box and launch the Command Prompt window. Ensure to open the window as an administrator.
- Inside the Command Prompt window, copy then paste or type the following commands and press Enter key,
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptsvc
- Once you have executed the commands, copy then paste or type
- the following command and press Enter,
ren c /windows/softwaredistribution softwaredistribution.old
ren c windows system32 catroot2 catroot2.old
- Again copy then paste or type the following command and then press Enter key,
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start cryptsvc
- Once done, restart the system and see the said error disappear from your system.
Fix 5: Download Windows 11 Installation Media Tool:
You can download and install Windows 11 Installation Media to resolve the Update Error Code 0x800700B7 issue. To do so,
- Firstly, go to the official Microsoft Windows 11 download page.
- On the Microsoft download page, click on Download now button under the Create Windows 11 Installation Media.
- Once downloaded, open the downloaded file and install the ISO file by following the on-screen instructions.
- Now the said error might not appear on the screen.
These are all about resolving the Update error code 0x800700B7 on Windows 11 issue. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.