Recently, several Windows 11 users reported that when they tried to update their Windows 11, they fell into the Update Error Code 0x80070003 and worsened the situation. Updating Windows 11 from time to time will improve system performance, so any issues that hinder the update process need to be fixed as soon as possible.
In this article, we have listed a few solutions to get over the Error Code 0x80070003 on Windows 11. If you are also suffering from the same issue, then go through this article and find the causes and solutions for the same error. Now without further discussion, go to the detailed solutions given below.
Fix 1: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter:
If any of the above solutions do not help you, then you need to run the Windows Update troubleshooter tool to resolve the Update Error Code 0x80070003 in Windows 11. To do so,
- Firstly, click on the Windows button on the taskbar and select Settings.
- Then click on the System option from the left pane menu, and on the right side, click on Troubleshoot.
- Now click on Other troubleshooters, and from the newly opened screen, click on the Run button beside the Windows Update option.
- Once done, try to update the system again.
Fix 2: Reset Windows Update Components:
Sometimes updating the Windows Update Components might help you resolve the Update Error Code 0x80070003 in Windows 11. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Windows 11 Search box, type cmd, and open the Command Prompt with administrative access.
- Then inside the Command Prompt window, you can type the following commands and then press Enter,
SC config trusted installer start=auto
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop msiserver
net stop cryptsvc
net stop appidsvc
- Once the process gets completed then type the following commands and then press Enter,
Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren %Systemroot%\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
- Then type the commands given below and then press the Enter key,
regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll
regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dll
regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll
netsh winsock reset
netsh winsock reset proxy
rundll32.exe pnpclean.dll,RunDLL_PnpClean /DRIVERS /MAXCLEAN
- Again type the command given below and then press the Enter key,
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start msiserver
net start cryptsvc
net start appidsvc
- Once you have executed all these commands, restart the system and try again to update your Windows 11.
Fix 3: Install Windows 11 Media Creation Tool:
Another solution to tackle the Update Error Code 0x80070003 in Windows 11 is installing the Media installation tool. To do so,
- Firstly, you need to go to the official website of Microsoft.
- Then select Create Windows 11 Installation Media and click on the below Download now button.
- Once the media creation tool is downloaded on your system, open it, select the setup file, and continue the installation process.
- Now your Windows will install new updates, and the said error might get resolved for you.
Fix 4: Run SFC Scan:
Another solution to get rid of the Update Error Code 0x80070003 in Windows 11 is running the SFC tool to detect and repair corrupted system files. If any system files get corrupted or damaged, then also you might receive the same error prompt. To run an SFC scan,
- Firstly, click on the Search button on your Taskbar and type cmd in the search box.
- Then open the Command Prompt window with administrative access.
- Inside the Command Prompt, you can type the following command and press Enter,
- Now let the scanning process complete on its own.
- Then again, you need to type the following command and press Enter,
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /restorehealth
- Once done, again try to update your Windows 11 and see the result.
These are all the top fixes to resolve the Update Error Code 0x80070003 in Windows 11 issue. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.