Attempting to update from 22504.1010 to 22509.1000, few Windows 11 users encountered an Update Error 0x80888002, which then prevented the upgrade process from completing. The same error appears when the download reaches 6%, and they are confused as to how to get rid of this problem.
If you’re in the same boat, then dont worry; you launched in the correct place. In this article, we will learn how to fix the update error 0x80888002 in Windows 11 with a few fixes. Let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Restart the System:
If you happened to get the Update Error 0x80888002 on Windows 11, then initially, you need to restart the system. If your system gets saturated, then it won’t allow you to download any updates. Here by restarting the system, it will go to the normal state and will enable you to continue the upgrade process.
Fix 2: Restart Windows Update Services:
Another solution to tackle the Update Error 0x80888002 on Windows 11 is restarting the Windows Update Services:
- Firstly, type Services in the Search box and open the relevant option from the search result.
- Now from the Services window, locate and select the Windows Update service.
- Then Double-click over the Windows Update service and select the Properties.
- Inside the Properties window, set Startup type as Automatic and Service Status as Running (click the Start button).
- Once done, now the said error will get resolved for you.
Fix 3: Use a Custom Script to Check TPM:
If the above basic tricks do not help you, then you can use a custom script to bypass this issue. To do so, you can follow these below-given steps,
- Firstly, download the MediaCreationTool.bat
- To download that, click on This Link
- Then click on the Code and select Download Zip file from the drop-down menu.
- Now Zip file will get downloaded to the downloaded folder.
- There open the file and extract all the content.
- And open a new folder in Desktop and save all the extracted files to the folder.
- Now open the newly created folder and double-click on the bypass 11 folder to open it.
- Next, double-click on ‘Skip_TPM_Check_on_Dynamic_Update.cmd’ option to launch the script.
- If a Prompt appeared on the screen, click on Run away or Don’t run, as your choice.
- Once the PowerShell window appears on the screen, press any key on your keyboard.
- Now the changes will be automatically activated on your Windows 11.
Note: The Disclaimer should be in green color.
- Hereafter you are allowed to upgrade your Windows 11 to 22509.1000 update.
Note: If you have not yet enlisted in the Insider channel, you need the ‘OfflineInsiderEnroll’ tool to get started initially.
Once you upgraded successfully, you can undo the changes made by this script by following the below-given steps,
- Open the newly created folder in Desktop and double-click on the bypass 11 folder to open it.
- Next, double-click on ‘Skip_TPM_Check_on_Dynamic_Update.cmd’ again to launch the script.
Note: This time, you can see the Disclaimer should be in violet color.
- Now click on any key on your keyboard to revert changes made to your Windows 11. Once you have restored the required changes to your Windows 11, the script windows will close automatically.
At the end of this article, we hope you are successfully resolved the Update Error 0x80888002 on Windows 11. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.