Call of Duty, Modern Warfare 2, which is the sixth installment in the Call of Duty series, has captured the hearts of millions of passionate gamers. Anyway, some gamers are currently having some issues that operating system not supported error is showing frequently. The same issue indicates the latest update from the Windows insider program is not suitable with the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2.
If you are a video game lover who thoroughly enjoys the exciting world of Modern Warfare 2, then encountering an unsupported operating system error might be frustrating. This situation is very irritating indeed, but don’t worry, here I have shared some reliable solutions that erase all errors regarding the Operating System. Be patient, and read the full article till the end to get accurate steps to fix this error.
Fixes For the Unsupported Operating System Error in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
Fix 1: Uninstall Windows Updates
Generally, it is not recommended to uninstall the Windows update, though in some situations we could disable the Windows update. Most of the updates are bug fixes and security fixes, with removing an update you would be making your computer prone to unwanted attacks and clearing the system data. Here, we have shared the steps to uninstall Windows update as follows:
- First, in the Windows search type ‘Check for updates’.
- Then pick the ‘Update History’ and subsequent ‘Uninstall Updates’’.
- Next you can uninstall all updates that contain the word “Beta’’ or “Beta Channel Enablement’’ in them.
- Now, you can Restart your Computer.
- Finally, start Call of Duty and you can check if the error is solved.
Fix2: Update Windows To The Latest Versions
Updating to the latest Windows version is essential to keep your PC secure. Windows updates included feature enhancement and security update to save operating systems from unknown and malware attacks. The steps to Update Windows to the latest versions are as follows:
- Firstly, in the Windows search box search for “Check for updates’’.
- Then, you can click on the ‘’ Check for updates’’ key.
- Thereafter, you can install the latest Windows versions.
- Once done, begin Call of Duty and you can check if the error is solved.
Fix3: Uncheck Compatibility Mode
Compatibility Mode is an important feature that assures smooth transitions among different software versions, and the preservation of data and productivity in various computing environments. The steps to Uncheck compatibility mode are as follows:
- First, Right-click on the Battle.net or Steam app and then select the “Properties’’ option.
- Next, you can pick “Compatibility’’ and then uncheck “Run this program in compatibility mode for’’.
- Thereafter, you can find and then right-click on the Call of Duty app from the Library and then select the “Properties’’ option.
- Then, you can pick “Compatibility’’ and uncheck “Run this program in compatibility mode for’’ option.
- At last, you can launch the Call of Duty app and then check if the error is solved.
Fix4: Wait For Infinity Ward To Fix The Issue
In the case of computers, infinity is basically used to calculate performance and optimize algorithms that act as a computation on a large-scale application. Here we have shared the steps to fix the issue as follows:
- First, check the latest Call of Duty issues on Infinity ward.
- Then, you can open the issue that is about the unsupported operating system error.
- Lastly, you can check the status of the issue at a glance.
However, the issue of unsupported operating system error in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is a common problem faced by regular Gamers. We have shared some reliable steps to fix this error accurately. By following the above given solutions, you will be able to play the newest version of ‘Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2’ readily on Windows.