Tower of Fantasy is an open-world action RPG game, now available for your enjoyment on PC, Android and iOS platforms. The game takes you from Earth to Aida, a lush and habitable alien world. There you can experience a unique alien world full of beautiful open vistas and magnificent futuristic structures. But a few players complain that when they launch the game and select a server, the loading screen appears but the game abruptly crashes.
There can be many reasons for the same issue like corrupted game files, outdated drivers and more. If you are also experiencing a Tower of Fantasy crashing problem on your PC, then this article will save you. You can go through the below solutions one by one and see which one will help in your case. Have a look.
Fix 1: Run as Administrator
As the first attempt to resolve the crashing issue on Tower of Fantasy is running the game with administrative access. To do so,
- Go to the Tower of Fantasy installation folder->right-click on the tof_launcher.exe file->select Properties.
- Select Compatibility tab->tick beside Run this program as an administrator and launch the game.
Fix 2: Modify Configuration Files
Sometimes modifying config files will help you to escape from the Tower of Fantasy crashing issue completely. To do so,
- Open RUN dialog box (press Windows + R)-> type %Appdata% in the text box-> click OK.
- Select Local->Hotta->Saved->Config->WindowsNoEditor.
- Inside WindowsNoEditor folder, make a double click on empty space->select New->Text document.Now open Newly opened text document-> type the following text,
- Rename the text document to GameUserSettings.ini-> Save changes and launch the game.
Fix 3: Update Driver
Another solution to get rid of the same issue is updating your Graphics driver. To do so,
- Open Device Manager->choose Display adapters->right-click on Graphics driver->click on Update driver.
- Once done, you can launch the game and check the issue is resolved.
Fix 4: Use Compatibility Mode
Running the game in Compatibility mode is an effective solution to resolve the Tower of Fantasy Crashing issue on PC. To do so,
- Go to the Tower of Fantasy installation folder-> right-click on the tof_launcher.exe file->select Properties.
- Now select Compatibility tab-> select Windows 8 under Run this program in compatibility for-> tick beside Disable fullscreen optimizations option.
- Once done, launch the game and check the issue is resolved on your system.
Fix 5: Update Windows
If your Windows system is not running with the latest version, the game will crash on the loading screen. In this case, you can update your system and see the result. To do so,
- Open Settings menu->choose Windows Update->Check for updates tab.
- Once done, launch the game, and resume your gameplay.
Fix 6: Modify Registry
At times modifying your registry can be another suitable solution to solve the Tower of Fantasy crashing problem. To do so,
- Open RUN dialog box by pressing Windows + R-> type regedit and press OK-> type this path on the address bar,
- Right-click on empty space->New->select DWORD (32-bit) Value-> rename it as TdrLevel.
- Open TdrLevel file->set Value date as 0->choose Hexadecimal-> click OK.
- Once done, launch the game to see if the issue persists.
Fix 7: Disable Antivirus
Sometimes you need to temporarily disable your third-party antivirus program. Once done you can launch the game and see the problem solved. If the problem is with your antivirus, it’s time to switch to a more reliable antivirus program.
Fix 8: Verify Game Files
In some instances verifying the game files will help you to resolve the Tower of Fantasy crashing issue. To do so,
- Open Tower of Fantasy Launcher->choose Game Settings->Click on the Repair option.
- Once done you can start the game and check whether the issue persists or not.
Fix 9: Reinstall the Game
If none of these solutions helps you, you can uninstall the game and reinstall it from a trusted source. Once done the discussed issue might get solved for you.
These are all about the Tower of Fantasy crashing issue on PC and its fixes. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.