Recently Apple released the iOS 15 update for the public. The update is now available to download on all compatible iPhone models, and users are quite excited about that. With iOS 15 updating so many interesting features, iPhone users began downloading it right away. However, with that, several users are constantly complaining that they are unable to install the iOS 15 update. As per the suffered users, they end up getting a message stating, “Unable To Install iOS 15 Update – An Error Occurred Installing iOS 15”.
Today in this article, we will discuss ways to resolve the “unable to install iOS 15 update” issue. The existing issue is not as intense as it sounds, and with simple steps, you will get rid of it. To know the solutions in detail, have a look down,
FIX 1: Remove and Download the iOS Update Again
The first and easiest method is removing and downloading the iOS 15 update again. To remove the iOS 15 update, you can follow these steps,
- Firstly, on your iPhone, go to Settings -> General -> iPhone Storage.
- Now from the list of updates, locate the iOS 15 update, tap on it and then tap on Delete Update.
- Now navigate to Settings -> General -> Software update. Here download the latest iOS 15 update once again.
FIX 2: Check Network Settings
The “Unable to Install iOS 15 Update” issue can also occur if your Network settings are not configured rightly. All you have to do is, make sure that the cellular network is turned on. To check network settings, follow these steps,
- Firstly, go to Settings, tap on General and then tap on
- Now under the Reset tab, tap on Reset Network Settings. It will delete all network settings and return them to factory default.
FIX 3: Fix iOS Update Errors with a dedicated tool
As per some users, while none of the manual methods worked for them, they tried using a dedicated tool. Several dedicated tools repair 130+ common iOS system issues for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple TV. If you are experiencing the “Unable to Install iOS 15 Update” issue, you can use any of them and get rid of it immediately.
FIX 4: Tip 4. Update iOS 15 with iTunes
Another great option is updating your iPhone to iOS 15 update via iTunes. To update iOS 15 with iTunes, you can follow these steps,
- Navigate to iTunes and then connect your device to iTunes via a USB cable.
- Now click on your device and then click on
- Further, select the options Check for Update -> Download and Update.
FIX 5: Disable Low Power Mode
As per a few suffered users, the “Unable to Install iOS 15 Update” issue got resolved for them simply by restarting their mobile. You can also do the same and check whether it works. However, if it doesn’t, then disable low power mode and restart the device.
FIX 6: Check Storage on iPhone/iPad
Last but not the least, if you are ending up with the “Unable to Install iOS 15 Update” issue, it is because of insufficient storage. Here simply,
- Go to Settings ->Storage -> iPhone Storage.
- Here check your available storage and then free up some for the new iOS 15 updates.
- Once done, retry installing the iOS 15 update and check whether it happens or not.
These were some of the top solutions for the “Unable to Install iOS 15 Update” issue. Apart from this, users can also manually install iOS 15 using the IPSW firmware file. Just download the file on your iPhone and then install it.
At the end of this article, we hope that all the information will prove helpful and relevant to you. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.