The api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is an important file that comes with the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 package. However, as per a lot of users, they have recently been experiencing the “The program can’t start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem” error while they try to launch a program or file in their Windows computer.
The said issue can be a result of missing, incompatible, or corrupted software. Here are some of the no-fail solutions that will eventually fix the “api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll Missing Error”. Have a look at the explanation below:
Fixes for the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll Missing Error
FIX 1: Install the software via Windows Update
Users who are experiencing the “api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll Missing Error” can consider installing the software via Windows update. Learn more with the steps given below:
- Firstly, go to the taskbar search box, type Update, and then click on the Check for updates (Windows 10) or Windows update (Windows 7) option from the search result.
- On the next window, click on the Check for Updates Windows will now automatically locate and install all the latest updates available.
The update process will automatically run for Windows 10 users.
For Windows 7 users, they need to click on the Install Update tab.
Once done, restart the system and check the said issue resolved for you or not.
FIX 2: Repair the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 on your computer
Users who already have Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 in their computers can repair it in order to resolve the “api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll Missing Error” issue. To repair the visual C++ Redistribution for Visual studio 2015, follow these steps,
- Firstly, go to the taskbar search box, type Control, and launch Control Panel window.
- Then in the Control Panel, Set View by as Small icons and then select the option Programs and Features.
- Now from the list of Programs, locate Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, then click over it and then select Change.
- On the newly opened window click on Repair, and if prompted by (UAC) User Account Control, click on Yes option to continue.
- Finally, you can follow the on-screen instructions to complete the repair process.
FIX 3: Fix the DLL issue quickly with DLL.files.com (Free)
Missing .dll files can quickly get restored by using DLL.files.com. For reinstalling the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll Missing file, follow these steps,
- Firstly, navigate to the files.com website.
- Now type or Copy + Paste api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll into the search box and then click over the Search DLL file button.
- Here select, the DLL file.
- Further, scroll down the page to download the correct version. Now you need to download the highest version.
- Finally, install the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll on your computer.
- Once done, check the said issue resolved in your case or not.
FIX 4: Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from Microsoft directly
As per some of the suffered users, while they downloaded the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 directly from Microsoft, the said issue got resolved for them. To downloaded the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 directly from Microsoft, follow these steps,
- Firstly, navigate to the official Download webpage of Microsoft, type Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 in the search box, press Enter, and then click on the red download button adjacent to the search result.
- Further select your system type: your system type x64 or x86(x32) and then click on the Next tab. The file will further begin downloading.
TIP: For determining what system type your Windows run:
Type “system” in the desktop search bar, then click System (Windows 10) or System Information (Windows 7) from the result.
Further, a pop-up window will appear displaying your system type.
- Once the process gets completed, double-click the downloaded .exe file and complete the installation process by following the on-screen instructions.
- Finally, re-launch the relevant program and check whether it helps or not.
FIX 5: Copy the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file from another Computer
If none of the above-mentioned fixes worked for you, then, at last, considering copying the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file from another reliable computer that uses the same Windows system as yours.
For Windows type of computer, follow these given steps,
- Go to the desktop search bar, type system information, and open the relevant search result.
- Inside the System information window, click on system summary (left-pane menu), and then you can further view the system type of the computer on the right-pane menu.
Then you need to copy the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll files and paste it into your Windows system. (better copy the files from any reliable system)
For finding the .dll file:
- Press Windows + E and launch File Explorer on another Computer (the one from where you want to copy the file).
- Now navigate to the folder C:\Windows\System32, and then type api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll, then finally you need to press Enter.
- If you fail to find positive result, go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and try to find the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file.
- Now when found, copy the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file and paste it into the exact location where you copy the file in your problem computer.
These were the top 5 fixes for the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll Missing Error. All of them are tried, tested, and proven on real-time suffered users and thus have further presented for you.
At the end of this article, we hope that you are satisfied with all the fixes and mentioned here in this guide. If you have any queries or feedback after reading this article, leave a comment in the below comment box.