System Error 67 is a Windows error that generally occurs while a user tries to run a Network Discover scan. Some users have also reported that they encountered System Error 67 they tried to map a network drive from CMD or PowerShell. Now, as it seems, one of the most common reasons that trigger the said issue is incorrect Syntax. Apart from that, a glitched driver can also be the reason.
However, despite whatsoever reasons that can possibly trigger System Error 67, the error is still resolvable, and you can get rid of it in a few simple steps. In this article, we have compiled a list of 5 fixes that will help you in resolving the “System Error 67” in no time. Have a look:
Before you begin with any troubleshooting, please make sure that the Syntax you are using is absolutely correct. A simple change in Back Slashes or Front Slashes can result in the “System Error 67” without even bringing it to your notice.
The correct Syntax is:
net use * \\*IP Address*\sharename
Now, if even after checking the command’s Syntax, you are still seeing “System Error 67,” then it indicates that you were already using the correct Syntax. In this case, move the FIX 2.
FIX 2: Disable the Network Address Translator:
Microsoft has released an official fix for the “System Error 67,” and it is “Disable the Network Address Translator.” For performing the same, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, right-click on the Windows icon on your desktop screen and then select the option Device Manager from the Context menu.
- Now inside the Device Manager window, navigate to View (on the vertical menu) and then select the option Show hidden devices.
- Further, double-click on the option Non-Plug and Play Drivers.
- Lastly, right-click over the IP Network Address Translator and then select the option Disable.
- Once done, System Error 67 would get resolved.
FIX 3: Update the network adapter driver for the domain controller:
As discussed above, outdated and corrupt network drivers can also result in System Error 67. Here the best resolve is to update the network adapter driver for the domain controller.
Now you can either follow the long and time-taking manual method or as per our recommendation; you can also go with the automatic driver updating software (s) available online.
Using dedicated software not only eases down the process but also gets the work done within no time.
FIX 4: Turn on Desktop Experience:
As per various suffered users, the System error 67 error got fixed simply by enabling the Desktop Experience. If you too want to try the same, then follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, click on the Start Button, and then click on the Administrative Tools on the start menu.
- From the submenu, select the option Server Manager.
- On the left side of the Server menu, click on Features, and then under the Features summary, select the option Add Features.
- Now tick the checkbox before the option Desktop Experience and then select the Add Required Features tab.
- Further, click on Next and then click on Install.
FIX 5: Turn off the Hardened UNC Paths policy:
If none of the above-mentioned fixes works for you, then we recommend you to Turn off the Hardened UNC Paths policy.
- Firstly, press Windows + R altogether to launch the RUN dialog box.
- Now inside the dialog box type space, type gpedit.msc and then press OK button. It will launch the local group policy editor window.
- Now on the group editor window, navigate to the following path,
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Network > Network Provider
- Now expand the Network provider folder, and then double-click over the Hardened UNC Paths (at the right-pane menu).
- Now click on the radio button before the Disable option and click on Apply.
- Once done, restart your computer.
System Error 67 is one of the regular errors in Windows 10 computers, and it can trigger in any of the systems. In case you are one of the suffered users, we recommend you to try the steps mentioned in the article above.
Please make sure that you follow the pattern and implement the fixes as per their order. In the end, we hope that you will be able to resolve System Error 67 quickly and effortlessly without the guide above.