When you’re on Windows 10, even the slightest error bothers you every day. One such common error we are discussing today is the Symelam.sys boot error. If the said error appears on the screen, you will no longer use the system and will freeze your work.
There are several reasons behind the same error, but now it is important to find definitive solutions to get rid of the Symelam.sys boot error. Therefore, in this article, we have collected some solutions to fix this error. Let’s see what they are and how to apply them on your system.
What is Symelam.sys?
Symelam.sys is a system folder that stores the driver file data needed for an important process in Windows. However, this Symelam.sys system folder is not an essential driver for Windows 10. But if Symelam.sys is corrupted it can cause serious problems for your system.
Fixes for Symelam.sys Boot Error:
Fix 1: Update Driver:
The SYS files save the operating systems configuration information. In this case, if the specific driver is outdated it can lead to the Symelam.sys Boot Error. To resolve this, you need to update the driver; for updating, follow these steps,
- Firstly, in your desktop search bar, type Device Manager and open the relevant search results.
- Then inside the Device Manager, select the driver you need to update.
- Right-click on the selected driver and, from the drop-down menu select, Update driver.
- Once done, check for the said error.
Fix 2: Update Windows:
After updating the driver, the Symelam.sys Boot Error did not resolve for you then you need to update the Windows. Windows update will bring new features to erase existing bugs and errors on your system. To update Windows, you can follow these steps,
- Firstly, click on the Windows icon on the desktop screen.
- Then select Settings from the list. Then in the Settings window, select the Update and Security option.
- Now from the right pane menu, select Windows Update and click on Check for updates tab.
- Once done, restart your system and check for improvement.
Fix 3: Run a Malware scan:
If your system infected with a malware attack, you may receive a Symelam.sys boot error on your screen. In this case, you need to run a malware scan using a trusted application available online to avoid the said error.
These are all about the Symelam.sys boot error. There are a number of reasons for this error, including malicious hardware, malicious hard disk, malicious OS, incompatible hardware, and hardware failure. If this error affects you, you need to consider the above reasons as well. If you have any doubts or queries after reading this article, leave a comment in the below-given comment box.