Sims 4 is one of the prominent social simulation games where players have sovereignty to create unique characters, construct dream homes and much more. But few players recently pointed out that Sims 4 not updating ever after several attempts. If you are also having trouble updating the game then you can rely on this article.
There can be several reasons for the same issues, EA’s server issues, corrupted game files and even poor internet connection. However, here we have tried to list a few solutions that might help you to update Sims 4 on Origin without any hurdles. Then let’s have a look.
Fixes for the Sims 4 Not Updating Issue
Fix 1: Check EA Servers
The first step to resolve the Sims 4 Not Updating issue is to check the issue is with the EA server side. As the game works on EA’s servers , if the servers are down, then you will not be able to update Sims 4.
Fix 2: Verify Game Files
Sometimes repairing the game files will help you to update Sims 4 without any issues.
- Open Origin and choose the My Game Library section, then click on the Gear icon beside the Sims 4.
- Then click on the Repair option and complete the process to update the game smoothly.
Fix 3: Enable Safe Mode
If you are unable to update Sims 4, then you should enable Safe Mode to avoid any technical issues during the update process. To do so,
- Open Origin, click on your Account name and choose Application Settings.
- Then choose the Diagnostics tab and locate and select the Troubleshooting section.
- Finally, you can toggle ON beside the Safe Mode Downloading option and update the game.
Fix 4: Clear Cache Files
Another possible trick to avoid issues while updating Sims 4 is clearing the Origin cache files.
- Open the RUN dialog box by pressing Windows + R, inside the new screen, type %AppData%Origin and press Enter key.
- Once you launch the Origin Cache folder, select all the files and press the Delete button.
Fix 5: Restart the System
If you have any minor glitches in the system, you will have problems updating Sims 4. To avoid such troubles you should restart the system and start updating the game again.
Fix 6: Reinstall the Game
If any of the above given solutions do not help you, then you should uninstall Sims 4 from the system. Once done, you can reinstall the game from its official website and see the result.
These are the simple and quick solutions you should try to resolve Sims 4 Not Updating Issue. Along with these solutions you can contact the game support team to resolve the issue.