Rogue Legacy 2 is a transformational sequel to the 2013’s Rogue Legacy developed by Celler Door Games. The game allows its players to take control of a knight, who must explore procedurally generated dungeons to gain all the treasures after defeating their enemies. But the saddest part of the game is that few players report that they find it difficult to play the game because the Controller/Gamepad is not working on the system.
The same issue can have different causes, but we need to fix the current issue to avoid further complications in running the game. If you are also suffering from the Rogue Legacy 2 Controller/Gamepad Not Working on PC, you are at the right place. Here you will get all the possible solutions to overcome the same issue quickly. Then let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Restart the System
Before moving on to the detailed solution, the basic trick you can apply is to restart your system. This process will allow you to eliminate minor crashes and restart your system without any problems.
Fix 2: Disable Steam Input
Another solution to resolve the Rogue Legacy 2 Controller/Gamepad not working issue is disabling or enabling the Steam Input feature. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam, go to the Library, right-click on Rogue Legacy 2 and select the Properties option.
- In the new screen, click on the Controller option and under the Override for Rogue Legacy 2 option, choose the option.
- Once done, relaunch the game to see the result.
- If the issue is still there, then you can go to the Controller window again and, this time, select Enable Steam Input option from the drop-down menu.
- Finally, launch the game again and check the result.
Fix 3: Remove External Components
If you have an issue with the Rogue Legacy 2 Controller/Gamepad not working, all you have to do is disconnect all external components from your system. You can unplug USB devices, joysticks, headsets, and other peripherals.
Fix 4: Launch in Big Picture Mode
At times launching the game in Big Picture Mode is an effective solution to get rid of the Rogue Legacy 2 Controller/Gamepad Not Working issue. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam, go to the Library section and select the Rogue Legacy 2 from the game list.
- Then select the Big Picture Mode option at the top right side of the screen and choose the Continue.
- Inside the new screen, select the Library option, click on the Games and select Rogue Legacy 2.
- Finally, click on the Play button to launch the game smoothly without any trouble.
Fix 5: Configure your Controller
In most cases, configuring the controller will help you to escape from the Rogue Legacy 2 Controller/Gamepad not working issue quickly. To do so,
- Firstly, open Steam, move to the Library page and click on the Rogue Legacy 2 icon from the game list.
- Then select the Steam option from the top left corner of the screen and choose its Settings.
- On the next screen, select the Controller and click on the General Controller Settings.
- Finally, choose your Controller and launch the game again and see if the issue persists or not.
Fix 6: Force OFF/ON Steam Input Per Game Settings
If none of those mentioned above solutions helps you, then you need to turn OFF, and ON Steam Input Per Game Settings feature to resolve the same issue. To do so
- Firstly, open Steam, go to the Library and click on the Rogue Legacy 2 icon from the game list.
- Then select the Big Picture Mode at the top right side of the screen and click on the Continue option.
- Inside the new screen, select the Library, go to the Games option and choose the Rogue Legacy 2.
- Further, choose the Manage Game option and double-click on the Controller Options.
- Then choose the Forced On/Forced Off and relaunch your game and see which option helps you to resolve the said issue.
These are all about the Rogue Legacy 2 Controller/Gamepad Not Working issue on PC and its fixes. If you have any queries or concerns regarding this article, you can leave a comment in the comment box below.