As we all know, Rockstar Game Launcher is a popular game launcher that allows users to access the Rockstar game on Windows easily. Unfortunately, many users recently encountered an Error Code 6000.87 while attempting to launch the Rockstar Launcher. Following this error, a few users struck at the connection screen and not be able to connect with their friends online.
This error is not a complicated one and can be easily fixed with the help of any professional. After understanding the user’s frustration, we have compiled a few solutions to tackle the Rockstar Game Launcher Error Code 6000.87 quickly. If you are also disturbed by the same issue, then you can go through this article to get all the possible solutions. Let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Restart the Game Launcher:
If you encounter error code 6000.87, you need to restart Rockstar Game Launcher as a first attempt to resolve the same. This simple trick performs as a white knight for several minor errors and helps you to continue with the game effortlessly.
Fix 2: Check Internet Connectivity Speed:
As another solution to the Rockstar Game Launcher Error Code 6000.87 issue is checking the network connectivity speed. If your network connection is poor, then you need to restart the modem, then connect with the game and see the result. If the issue persists, you can contact your network service provider for further help.
Fix 3: You need to Verify Integrity of Game Files:
If you get an Error Code of 6000.87 while trying to launch a particular game on your Rockstar Game Launcher, you need to check the integrity of those game files. To do so,
- Firstly, open Rockstar Game Launcher and go to its Settings.
- Then from the list of games, click on the game icon you need to verify.
- On the next screen, click on the Verify Integrity option under the Verify game files integrity section.
- Finally, relaunch the Rockstar Launcher and check the same error prompt appearing on the screen.
Fix 4: Visit Rockstar Games Social Club Website:
If you frequently receive a Rockstar Game Launcher Error Code 6000.87 message, this indicates that Rockstar has blocked your IP for any reason. Here you need to visit the Rockstar Games Social Club website and check that you can access the site. If not, you will need to use a new IP address and restart the router.
Similarly, you can change the IP address through Command Prompt window. To do so, open Command Prompt by typing ‘cmd’ in the search box. Then type Release/Renew IP in the window, and it will change the IP address.
Fix 5: Use VPN:
Suppose you are trying to run the game anywhere on your college campus or workplace with the Rockstar Game Launcher. Here it would be best if you used a trusted VPN to launch the game safely. This trick allowed many users to run the game anywhere without any hassle.
Fix 6: Create a new User Account in Windows:
As per some suffered users, creating a new user account on Windows helped them to play the games online using the Rockstar Game Launcher. They used the newly created account to relaunch the game, and it helped them. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + I altogether to launch the Settings app.
- Then select Accounts and click on the Family & other users option from the left pane menu.
- From the right pane menu, select Add someone else to this PC.
- The Microsoft account prompt will appear on the screen; follow the onscreen instructions to add a new account.
- Finally, relaunch the Rockstar Launcher and try to open the game using the newly created account.
These are all about the Rockstar Game Launcher Error Code 6000.87 issue and its effective fixes. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.