Are you an avid ROBLOX player who’s been frustrated by the pesky Error Code 773? Worry not since you aren’t the one alone.
Error Code 773, also known as the Teleport Failure Error, typically occurs due to server problems. The Teleportation feature in ROBLOX is crucial for both players and creators. Unfortunately, Teleport Failure Error is one of the most annoying issues and sometimes makes the game unplayable. Getting the error code is like hitting a roadblock in your virtual adventures.
However, since we have got you covered, worry not. Join us in this article as we list down practical steps to get you back to your gaming fun. So, stay tuned, and let’s banish that Error Code 773 together. After all, ROBLOX is all about the fun, and we do not want to make your experience miserable.
Error Code 773 In Roblox- Explained in Detail
Error code 773 in Roblox is a common issue that players encounter. It’s also known as a Teleport Error. Error code 773 in Roblox usually prevents players from effectively playing the game, and it typically occurs in two situations:
- TeleportService Failure: When both the client (player’s device) and the server attempt to initiate a teleport using the TeleportService:Teleport function. If this function fails, the player might not be able to transition to a new location or game page.
- Server Disconnection: If the server encounters an issue while a player is attempting to join a teleport, it might cause the player to disconnect from the current page. In this situation, the gamer has to rejoin the game.
FIXING ROBLOX Teleport Failure Error Code 773
As annoying as the ROBLOX Teleport Failure Error Code 773 may be, it is still resolvable easily. Here are some of the tried and tested solutions you can try:
FIX 1: Log Out From Every ROBLOX Session
The ROBLOX Teleport Failure Error Code 773 might occur if there are multiple active sessions logged into your Roblox account simultaneously. Therefore, the easiest solution is to logout from every ROBLOX session. Here’s how you can do the same:
- Start by navigating to the Roblox Account Settings page and locate the Device section. This section must display all devices currently logged into your account.
- Once you find the list, log out of all devices. However, let the one you are currently using remain logged in.
- Once logged out of other devices, log back into your account on your current device. Now, Launch Roblox and try to perform the teleport again to see if the issue is resolved.
Fix 2: Checkout Latest Updates
To address error code 773 in Roblox, ensuring your game is up to date can be crucial. To do so, follow the steps given below:
Checking the Latest Updates on PC:
- Firstly, launch a web browser and visit the official website of ROBLOX.
- Now, Log in to your Roblox account, and you’ll be directed to the home page with various games listed. Here, select the ROBLOX game you want to play and click on the Play tab. Before the game begins, this step will start the update process automatically. However, if it doesn’t, locate the option Download and Install Roblox and select it to access the latest ROBLOX version.
- Open the downloaded Roblox file to configure and start your game.
Similarly, for checking the latest updates on Mobile Devices:
- Depending on your Android/ iOS smartphone, navigate to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Now, on the App Stores’ search bar, type ‘Roblox‘ and locate the Roblox app. You will see an Update tab right next to the ROBLOX app if there’s any update available.
- If yes, click on it to update Roblox to the latest version.
Sometimes, players encounter the 773 error because they’re using an outdated version of the game. It can happen if the server uses newer files that aren’t available to the player due to the absence of an update. Therefore, it is important to keep on updating your game to ensure you have access to all the latest improvements.
FIX 3: Try to Teleport as an Individual
Encountering the 773 Roblox teleportation error, particularly when attempting to teleport multiple players simultaneously, is unfortunate. While there may not be any direct fix for the same, a quick workaround may help. This method suggests involving teleporting players one by one. While dealing with multiple players, it can be quite a tedious task. However, if you are not able to teleport at all, it is still a better situation to follow.
If you’re still having trouble teleporting in Roblox, consider these additional steps:
- Firstly, go to Game Settings and check for any specific settings related to teleportation.
- Now navigate to Security Third Party Teleports, ensuring they are enabled in the game’s settings.
- Simultaneously, verify that the player variable or place ID you are using for teleportation isn’t set to “nil” (empty). If it’s missing or incorrect, it could cause teleportation problems.
- Also, ensure that the place you are trying to teleport to has been published. Unpublished places might cause teleportation errors.
It’s important to note that teleportation is not possible within Roblox Studio itself. If you receive an error message indicating that you can’t teleport in Roblox Studio, it’s because this feature is not available in that environment.
FIX 4: Set Location using a VPN
According to some ROBLOX users (particularly based on feedback from users in Asia), the 773 error might be related to the user’s geographic location. Check this location-related issue and try to resolve it using a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
Once done, check if the error has been resolved after using the VPN. By using a VPN, you can potentially change your virtual location, which might help you bypass any geographic restrictions or issues causing the 773 error in Roblox. However, the solution doesn’t guarantee any success.
FIX 5: Check your Internet Connection and Update your Browser
The last solution for the 773 error in Roblox suggests checking the internet connection and updating your browser. Doing so can indeed be helpful, and thus, we recommend you try them at least once.
A stable and strong internet connection is essential for smooth gameplay in Roblox or any other online game. If the internet connection is poor or unstable, it can result in various errors, including 773 errors as well as 769, 770, and 772 errors.
Here’s how you can check the speed and stability of your Internet Connection:
- Simply Restart your router.
- Or, use an Ethernet cable to connect your device to the internet. Sometimes, a wired connection ensures more stable internet than Wi-Fi.
- Simultaneously, also reduces network congestion, ensuring no other devices on your network are using excessive bandwidth.
- You can also use a range of online tools to check your internet speed.
Update Your Browser:
Roblox games are often played through web browsers, and sometimes, an outdated browser can lead to compatibility issues, thus resulting in Error Code 773. Therefore, for a smoother gaming experience, updating your browser is advisable. Doing so ensures that you have access to all the performance improvements with the latest security patches.
Both of these steps are part of general troubleshooting practices and can help address the 773 error in Roblox.
This was all about fixing the ROBLOX Teleport Failure Error Code 773. All the fixes mentioned above have worked for a number of ROBLOX players, helping them get through the annoying error.
However, if nothing from this guide helps you, it is time to contact ROBLOX’s Official Support Team.