Ready or Not is an adventurous action based first-person video game released recently. The game is set against the background of political, social and economic instability in the United States of America. As the game represents the modern-day, it also added many exciting advanced features. However, some players are not satisfied with the game because while they try to launch Ready or Not, it crashes in the startup. In the case of few other users, the game even Won’t launch on their PC.
The game becomes more difficult for a few players, while a significant portion of the players enjoys it endlessly on their system. The reasons for Ready or Not crashing/freezing or Won’t Launch might be varied for different players. Anyway, in this article, we have collected a few suitable solutions for all players to quickly resolve the said issues. Let’s have a look.
- Check your system meets minimum requirements to run the game.
- Disable unwanted programs/apps running in the background.
- Make sure your internet connection is safe and accurate.
- Temporarily disable antivirus.
If all the above tricks fail in your case, then you can move to detailed solutions.
Fix 1: Run the Game with Administrative Access:
As a first step in resolving the Ready or Not Crashing or won’t launching issue is launching the game with administrative access. Sometimes the games might not run on your system without full permission. To give full permission,
- Firstly, move to the Ready or Not installation folder, then right-click on the Ready or Not.exe file and click on the Properties option from the sub-menu.
- On the next appeared window, select the Compatability tab from the top menu.
- Inside the Compatibility tab, tick the checkbox beside Run this program as an administrator option under the Settings section.
- Finally, click on OK and see the game launching properly on your system.
Fix 2: Update Driver:
The Graphic driver is crucial for the smooth running of the game on the system. If the driver gets damaged or missing, the game may crash or freeze on your PC. The effective solution for this issue is updating the driver to the latest version. To do so,
- Firstly, type Device Manager in your taskbar search box and open the first result from the search list.
- Then in the newly appeared window, expand the section Display adapters and select your Graphics driver you need to update.
- Right-click on the driver and select the Update driver option from the drop-down menu.
- Finally, restart the system and check now the game is crashing or not.
Fix 3: You can Verify the Integrity of Game Files:
Another fix to resolve the Ready or Not crashing or shuttering issue is verifying the integrity of game files. In case any files in the game get corrupted or broken, then also the game will crash or shutter on your system. The effective possible solution here is checking the integrity of game files. To do so,
- Firstly, open the Steam Client and go to its Library.
- Inside the Library, from the list of games, select and right-click on the Ready or Not icon.
- Then select the Local Files option, and you need to click on Verify the integrity of game files.
- Finally, restart the PC, relaunch the game and see the results.
Fix 4: Disable Overlay:
Overlays help to enhance the performance of the system when playing any games. But this can sometimes interfere with your game and cause it to crash and freeze. In this scenario, you need to disable the overlay to escape from this mess. To do so,
In GeForce Experience,
- Firstly, open GeForce Experience on your system and click on the Settings icon from the top right side of the screen.
- Then toggle On beside the In-game overlay option from the right side of the screen.
- Firstly, open Discord and click on the Settings icon at the bottom of the screen.
- In the newly appeared window, click on the Overlay option.
- Now toggle Off beside Enable in-game overlay option.
- Finally, restart the system, relaunch the game and check for the issue.
Fix 5: Update Windows:
If your Windows get outdated, then also the Ready or Not crashes on the loading screen. The effective solution here is updating Windows to the latest update. To do so,
- Firstly, press Windows + I simultaneously to launch the Settings app on your screen.
- Inside Settings, click on the Windows Update option from the top of the window.
- Then click on Check for updates option.
- Finally, relaunch the game and see now it is crashing or not.
Fix 6: Run SFC Scan:
Occasionally, the corrupted files in your system prevent Ready or Not from launching on the screen. Here running the SFC tool might help you to detect and repair damaged system files on your system. To do so,
- Firstly, type cmd in your search box and launch the Command Prompt window from the search result. You need to make sure you opened the window with administrative access.
- Inside the Command Prompt screen, type the following command and press Enter to activate the SFC scanning process,
- After executing the command, relaunch the game and check the issue is again disturbing you or not.
Fix 7: Reinstall the Game:
If something goes wrong with the Ready or Not installation process, then the game might crash or freeze on the loading screen. In this situation, the only option left is to uninstall the game from your system and reinstall it from a trusty source.
Fix 8: Install latest Game Patch:
Game developers always release new patches at regular intervals to improve the performance of the game. If you fail to install any new patch, the game will freeze or crash on the loading screen. So you need to install the latest game patch and see the result.
Fix 9: Perform a Clean Boot:
If any of the above solutions do not help you, then you need to perform a clean boot to escape from the Ready or Not crashing or freezing issue. To do so,
- Firstly, type System Configuration in your taskbar search box and open the first result from the search list.
- Then you need to move the Services tab and tick the checkbox beside the Hide all Microsoft services option.
- And click on Disable all button from the bottom of the screen and click on OK.
- After that to the Startup tab and click on the Open Task Manager link.
- Inside the Task Manager window, go to the Startup tab, choose all the services altogether and click on Disable option.
- Once done, relaunch the game and check now the game is crashing or not.
- If not, go to the System Configuration window again and open the Services tab and enable all the services you early disabled.
- Enable the services one by one until you see the problematic one. Then, if you found the problematic one, uninstall the service from your system.
These are the best fixes to get rid of the Ready or Not Crashing/Freezing or Won’t Launch issue on PC. However, if you have any queries or doubts after reading this article, then please leave a comment in the below-given comment box.