A few players have recently complaining about the screen tearing and flickering issue in Overwatch 2. Players who faced the same issue can’t even play the game, and they are losing out on some enjoyable gaming time. Anyway, this problem is temporary, and you can easily fix it by applying any of the solutions listed below.
If you are also facing the same issue, you can follow this article to get the best solutions. Here we have gathered a few solutions to help you fix Overwatch 2 screen tearing or flickering issues quickly. Then let’s have a look.
Fix 1: Verify Game Files
The first trick you can try to resolve Overwatch 2 screen tearing or flickering issue is to check the game files’ integrity. To do so,
- Open Steam->Library->right-click on Overwatch 2 icon-> select Properties.
- Then select Local Files->Verify integrity of game files option and proceed with the process.
Fix 2: Enable VSync
Another solution is enabling the VSync option to resolve the same issues.
- Open Overwatch 2 Menu-> select Options-> select Video tab-> turn ON toggle beside VSync and see the result.
Fix 3: Check the Internet Connection
If you do not have a stable and accurate internet connection, you will face similar issues. In this case, check and make sure your network connection is not causing the same issues.
Fix 4: Close Unwanted Apps/ Services
If you have too many apps or services activated on your system, it may affect your gameplay and lead to numerous issues. Here you should close unwanted background apps/services and start the game smoothly.
Fix 5: Set the Game Performance to High Priority
Sometimes setting the game’s priority to high in the Task Manager can help you fix the Overwatch 2 screen tearing or flickering issue. To do so,
- Open Task Manager-> select Processes tab-> right-click on Overwatch 2-> click on Set High Priority.
- Now close the window, and relaunch the game to see the improvement.
Fix 6: Lower In-Game Graphics Settings
In most cases, lowering the in-game graphics settings will help you quickly fix the Overwatch 2 screen tearing or flickering issue. You can go to the game Graphics Settings page, minimise all the settings in the list and save the changes. Now you might be easlily run the game without any trouble.
Fix 7: Update Graphics Driver
At times, updating your graphics driver will help you to resolve the same issue. To do so,
- Open Device Manager->open Display adapters section->right-click on Graphics driver and select the Update driver option.
- Once done, restart the system and see whether the game screen again tearing or not.
Fix 8: Close Antivirus Program
Another solution is to temporarily disable your antivirus program and start the game. We do not advise you to run the system without an antivirus tool. So, after playing the game, you can enable your antivirus or switch to a new reliable antivirus program.
Fix 9: Update the Game
If none of the above solutions helps you, then you should check and update your game to the latest version and resume the gameplay smoothly.
These are all about the Overwatch 2 Screen Tearing or Flickering Issue and its fixes. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.