Recently, a few Overwatch 2 players have complained that they run into Error Code 6-04 when they try to save highlights. The same error can appear for several reasons, and you must fix it as soon as possible; otherwise, you will not be able to continue with the gameplay. Fortunately, this is not is serious issue, and you may quickly remove it from your game screen.
The same error can have many causes like Windows Ransomware program, antivirus and more. If you are also struggling with Overwatch 2 error code 6-04, then this article will help you get rid of it and play the game without any issues. Then let’s have a look.
Causes of Overwatch 2 Error Code 6-04
Error code 6-04 in Overwatch 2 can occur as a result of Windows built-in Ransomware protection. Windows Ransomware program usually does not allow a third-party application (here Overwatch 2) to create or modify files in the Protected Folder section where Windows system folders such as Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music, and Favorites are protected. Here you need to whitelist the third-party application to gain your Windows trust.
Fixes for the Overwatch 2 Error Code 6-04
Fix 1: Whitelist the Game
If you can’t save highlights, it must be your Windows ransomware protection preventing you from creating files in the Documents folder. In this case you can add Overwatch 2 to your Windows ransomware whitelist. To do so,
- Open Settings-> Update & Settings->Windows Security->Virus & threat protection->Manage Ransomware protection.
- Make sure Controlled folder access is enabled and choose Allow an app through controller folder access-> click on the Browse button and add Overwatch2.exe file to the list and save the changes.
- Now you might be able to play the game.
Fix 2: Disable Antivirus
If the same error persists, then you should disable your antivirus program and relaunch the game. Sometimes your third-party antivirus program interferes with your game application and creates many issues, so you can temporarily disable the antivirus and resume the gameplay smoothly.
Fix 3: Tweak System Settings
- Close Overwatch 2 completely-> go to Documents->Overwatch 2->Settings->open Settings_v0.ini file and open it in Notepad. (for further editing)
- Locate MovieExport.1 section if you do not find this section (create manually).
- Add a line for VideoPath and give the path like this, (VideoPath = C:\Users\yourusername\Desktop)
- Once done, save the changes and resume the gameplay.
Fix 4: Contact Blizzard Support
If none of the above solutions help you, then you can report your issue by contacting the Blizzard support team. They will look into your issue and try to solve it as soon as possible.
These are all about the Overwatch 2 Error Code 6-04 and its workarounds. If you have any concerns related to the information given above, then you can list your doubts in the command box below.